Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. KavithaYour feedback matters!
I M having problem in my tongue there are little little in hindi you say chole at my tongue why is this and what to do.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
Small sized inflamation in the upper jaw for the last 3 months.Gum is slightly swollen and painful.Also when I eat anything there is pain in the upper palate.My age is 77yrs.
Often and at regular intervals while eating I cut my inner side of cheeks. From next day it gets reddish and pains too hard. I cannot eat even roti properly. If any thing touches that particular portion it pains a lot. The pain exists for at least 7 to 10 days.
I have pain in my right side teeth for mo re than 3 months so I don't mnow wat to do so please help me.
I have gastric problem. At morning everyday at the time of brush my teeth, I feel like vomiting. sometime it's vomits. What is best solution for this.
I am suffering from teeth disease. It is affected by warm and being black with pit in the bottom. I want to remove it and replace bridge teeth. Is it good or what to do as you think? Please notify me.
What way and what foods can strengthen gums and gaps between teeth where fibrous material gets stuck.
My teeth has become too sensitive after missed abortion and having pain on right teeth what should I do. I am taking folxt tab, thyronorm, Aspirin tab.
I am thirtyseven years old man. My one molar is missing due to cavity now space is there should I get a new tooth implanted there or should I leave it like that.
I have ulcers in my mouth and throat. I am not able to eat anything. I tried home remedies but there is no improvement. I am also applying glycerin thrice in a day. Please help me!
Dairy products, soft bread, softer grains, seafood and soft meat, soft cooked vegetables and much more are braces-friendly foods i.e. which can be eaten without any difficulty even when one is undertaking the orthodontic treatment.