Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Karunesh Kumar H SYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I am suffering from obesity. I want to lose weight. Could you please suggest me diet plan and exercises so that I can lose fat faster. Thanks in advance. Kashmir singh.
Is it true that drinking thyme seed water on empty stomach every morning can help weight loss. The recipe is as follows. Add 25 or 50 GM AjwAin seeds to glassful of water and let soak overnight : separate (filter - sieve) the mixture in morning and add 5 ml honey to the ajwain water and drink on empty stomach. Repeat for 45 days to shed up to 5 kg weight. I certainly across this on you tube. I am 70 ,a male weigh 67 kg and 5 ft 2 Inch height wish to lose 7-8 kg for longevity.
I want to decrease my excess weight, what to eat and how much quantities? Also suggest best medicine to loss the weight.
I am hair falling. I want to get ride from it. Will you please suggest me any good treatment? also suggest me treatment to reduce belly fat. And tell me how to become fair within few days.
Kill Obesity Before Obesity Kills You!
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health.
How do we measure if someone is obese?
- Body Mass Index (BMI) is the most commonly used criterion to diagnose obesity.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) = Weight (kg)
- Height in (metre) 2
- Overweight = 25-29.9
- Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
Factors influencing BMI:·
- Family history and genetics·
- Body’ s Metabolism·
- Lifestyle And Eating Habits
The most basic reason for obesity however, is that the energy balance between what an individual eats (the energy in) and how that energy is used (the energy out) is uneven leading to excess energy being stored in the body as fat.The other Causes of Obesity are:
- Food choices.
- Lack of Physical Activity.
- Family eating habits.
- Medical problems.
- Consequences of Obesity
There are many health risks involved with being overweight or obese.The physical health problems can range from contribute to a range of life-threatening illness, including:Type 2 diabetes, Sleep apnoea, Hypertension, Stroke, Coronary artery disease, Dislipidaemia,etc.
A healthy weight is the main Goal for Obesity Treatment. Hence, improving your eating habits and increasing physical activity play a vital role in preventing obesity.
Things you can do include:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat small frequent meals.
- Don’t skip any meals.
- Include complex carbohydrates in your diet and avoid simple carbohydrates.
- Aim for lean protein in diet.
- Limit saturated fats.
- Limit salt intake.
- Avoid aerated drinks
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Include more of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Avoid processed and sugary products.
- Exercise daily for 30-45 minutes.
- “Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live”
Please help me to prepare a diet chart to reduce my weight as soon as possible. Please suggest some ways. I stopped having non veg in my diet. Wat else to do. Please help me out. I have to loose my weight sooner.
What should I have to eat from morning to night to decrease my over weight. Age: 29 Hight: 5.5 ft Weight: 89 kgs please reply me.
I want to reduce my fat. Could you please suggest me how can I do so. Basically I want to reduce weight from face, upper arm, belly fat, and upper leg. I would not want join gym. Guide me some thing.
Hello doctor I am a boy of 17 and I am suffering from obesity at present my weight is is about 85 kilos and I am very keen for loosing my excess fat. Could you please suggest me ways to reduce my fat and get quick results without any side effects. Due to huge pressure of studies I am unable to do any fitness activity.
I am 19 years of age and my height is 6 feet. My weight is 102 kg. Kindly tell me what is the ideal weight for me and please suggest some way to reduce my weight.
My brother is 22 years old and he wants to lose overall body fat. He does cardio every day. please suggest some measures for reducing body fat and include foods also.
I am 5, 1 in height, my weight is 65 and is not shedding with dieting please provide a food diet chart, bcoz of weight I am having back problems please I want to loose 7 KGS in 2 months please provide me with healthy diet chart and give me number to contact you personally.
A drastic change in the life style habits and this modern world people face many health issues in their daily life. Obesity is one of the major health issues that most people are affected with.
Obesity or being overweight is a condition characterized by excessive storage of fat in the body. When the body's calorie intake exceeds the amount of calories burned, it leads to the storage of excess calories in the form of body fat. Increased body fat puts a person at risk for many critical conditions such as heart disease, liver damage, diabetes, arthritis and kidney problems.
The most common cause of obesity is lack of physical activity, intake of excessive carbohydrates, fatty and junk food items. It might be even due to pathological or hereditary cause. Ayurveda gives many natural home remedy measures to reduces the body weight and get rid of obesity.
In Ayurveda, obesity is known as Medarog, which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body apart from controlling weight and formation of all the seven tissues - nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment for obesity begins with the pacification of Kapha Dosha. This can be done by eliminating Kapha-aggravating foods from the diet. Next, the treatment also focuses on cleansing of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Salacia Reticulata (Kotahla Himbutu),Garcina cambogia (Vrikshamla), Commiphora Mukul Resin (Guggul) and Nigella Sativa are the commonly used Ayurvedic medicines to cure obesity.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for obesity
- Lemon juice and honey: The best and simple way to reduces weight is drinking one cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in empty stomach.
- Triphala powder: Mixing two teaspoon of triphala powders a natural herb easily available at homes with 500ml of water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Strain the liquid and drink it regularly to burn the excessive fat stored in the body.
- Make cabbage as your best friend: Take one cup of cabbage daily. Cabbage contains tartaric acid and this helps to convert the sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Vyaayaama: Simple exercises are also much essential to be done alone with other remedial measures to reduce the body weight
- Avoid Sugar: Avoid white sugar and starch from diet. Prefer brown rice and other cereals in the diet.
- Control your excessive eating habit: excessive eating of junk and fast foods is the most important cause of obesity. This should be avoided and learn to eat healthy and right food at regular interval. Have only three meals per day. Diet controlling does not mean fasting so it is best advised to have small meal at regular interval.
- Herbs: Herbs like Bibhitaka (Terminalia belericia), amla (Emblica officinalis), Guggul , Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are effective for reducing the body weight.
There are many other naturally occurring items that feature prominently in Ayurvedic treatment for obesity. The key aspect to understand here is that Ayurveda stresses on the natural and easy ways in which one can lose weight without having to undergo mental or physical stress and strain.