Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Karunakara Shetty TYour feedback matters!
I've been thin all my life until I discovered that there are supplements that can increase my weight. I started drinking supplements. I drink three glasses a day. I've gained 20 pounds since, and I'm now at 125 pounds, but I'm still underweight. During the past three months. Please suggest me proper medicine.
I would like to know the benefits of glutathione tablets and is it beneficial for 20 plus girls to take it? Will it contribute well for asthma n allergy problems. please do reply. Keen to get replied by a nutritionist cum dietitian Thank you.plz do reply.
She is suffering from chest pain for 10 days. Please suggest her an appropriate instructions. She has a history of inguinal hernia. She has COPD.
I AM DIABETIC SINCE LAST 10 YEAR AND 55 YEAR OLD IN AGE, I AM TAKING GP1 TABLET AND SUPRA DEN- 1 MINERAL/VITAMIN TABLET DAILY AFTER BREAKFAST AND CALCIUM -MILKA L FORTE AFTER DINNER AT 6.30PM. FASTING EVERY DAY 7PM TO 8.30AM(JAIN-CHOWIHAR),MY HEIGHT 5.4" AND WEIGHT-70KG,EVERY DAY WALK FOR 2.5KM IN MORNING.RECENTLY I FIND MY GLUCOSE METER READING: FASTING-160 AND POST LUNCH FIND 240.I USED TO TAKE KADU KARIYATU IN MORNING.PL. SUGGEST PROPER DIET AND OTHER MEDICAL ADVICE./TREATMENT IF REQUIRE TO CHANGE DOSES OF TABLET.
I think I am not finding strong enough. I am suffering from weakness. And stomach ache as well as headache too.
I am having sever stomach pain and there is some swelling also. During morning this is regular and my reports say that I am totally fine. What should I do?
I am using berberis aquifolium q. For acne .is it good for acne and removing dark patches and spots? But now m feeling little pain in my stomach suggest me should I appy liquid to face or drink with water.
Hi, My name Gurmeet. I have a problem as increasing of heart beat in case when some one shout on me or when I do interact with unknown person. Please advice me, what is it? and how can I get recovery from it. Thanks.
Hello Sirr, Hope you are doing great, this is vinita, actually I am suffering from headache since last 3 days. Starting it was low and now its almost on forehead can you tell me what necessary steps should I take.
I have red eye from 3 days and pain in body have a allergy in hand foot and pain in chest hand head.
Few days ago when I go to toilet. Hard stool coming and after that little blood droplet comes out and after that day I mean 2 or 3 days after those day I feel little paining around anus and muscles types it around the path and paining. Please help with this above problem.
I had severe constipation problem before 4 years that time I took enema after that whenever I drink less water or eat some spicy food, I suffer from constipation and pain during evacuation. After that I had problem of piles as I had skin protruding outward which causes pain while evacuation. Right now I am getting blood with stole which is making me to worry about it as it never happened before. However blood is not coming daily, whenever stole is hard blood came. I am also having pain n burning sensation while evacuation. Please suggest what should I do. Do I need to consult doctor or it will be fine if I take my diet and water perfectly? Thank you in advance.
Doctor, my symptom is when I was going out and avoiding sleeping, and roaming in the side, attending the functions at these time I am getting headache really I cant bear this pain what shell I do please can you suggest me.
I am suffering from night sweat from approx a year, in cool environment also the sweat occurs, it's occurring in midnight deep sleep around my head, neck parts, its very heavy that pillow is also getting wet. Please provide suggestions for it. Thank you.
I am coughing since 2weeks and the it is dry cough. I don't smoke. Give me some tipsnto get rid out of this.
Sweating during warm weather is very common, but if a person wakes up from bed soaked in sweat, it is not a pleasant feeling. It does not allow for a sound sleep, and may not always be related to warm weather.
There is no serious underlying medical issue, but it is always advisable to see a doctor to get this corrected. The following are some common reasons that could lead to night sweats.
- Menopause: The hot flashes that are so popularly associated with menopause is one of the main reasons for night sweats. The presenting factors (woman, age, and other symptoms) should help arrive at this diagnosis. Hormonal levels can be checked to confirm if required. Even puberty and pregnancy can cause night sweats, due to hormonal level alterations.
- Infections: Most infections present with fever and night sweats are very common. Tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, influenza and even HIV can cause night sweats and hamper a person’s sleep. Most infections cause an increase in temperature, which is worse at night.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: The walls of the windpipe get narrowed, and the person might have short periods where the breathing just stops. These people are three times more likely to develop night sweats.
- Hypoglycemia: One of the most common symptoms of low blood sugar is night sweat. When the sugar drop happens during the time the person is sleeping, it is very common for the person to wake up soaked in sweat.
- Cancer: For some cancers, night sweats are one of the first warning signs. These cancers include lymphoma, and presence of symptoms like unexplained weight loss, fatigue, etc. should be addressed to rule out the possibility of cancer.
- Side effect of medications: Antidepressants, psychiatric drugs, anti-pyretic drugs, anti-virals, steroids, anti-diabetic medications, hormones, etc. can lead to night sweats. Suspected cases of night sweats should have their medications reviewed to see if any drug is causing the night sweats.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease: GERD, as it is popularly known, can cause night sweats in addition to heartburn. They would also have other symptoms of indigestion, which will help in identifying the problem.
- Neurologic disorders: Stroke, neuropathy and anxiety disorders can cause night sweats and would require psychotherapy in addition to medications.
- Idiopathic: And despite all these possible reasons, if there is no identifiable reason, it is known as idiopathic hyperhidrosis (increased sweating). The person produces too much sweat without any known underlying cause and can even wake up at night soaked in sweat.
Management: Identifying the underlying cause is the first step in treatment. It may require hormonal corrections, changing or withdrawing the causative medications, treating associated conditions, etc., as the case may be.