Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kartik
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. KartikYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old, I have been suffering writer's cramp past 18 years. Due to this problem I could not pen firmly and to write. All the Neuro Doctors were told there is no medicine to this problem, the problem is not in hand it is in Brain, you manage your self. I also tried myself either to eradicate or manage but I failed. I am working in a private bank as a clerk, now this problem growing and I could not work in my office, it now goes to JOB LOSS. Such a situation I very much confused and think what I do? Please help me
Hello sir Last some years my moms feet having cracks And its very painful We trying lots of medicine and Dr. BT its not complete cure after dome times its showing She has Parkinson's also So giving me details about condition.
Hi sir. My mother is 40 yrs old. She cant speak last two years. He tried to speak but no sound come. she cant pronunciation. We check all test. But no one find which is the problem. She cant understand what we speak. She only write which she explain us. We also reply her by writing. Some times she understand what we wrote. Sometimes not. Can you help me?
Sir, I am aged 63 years and suffering from diabetis since 5 years and in the beginning I was taking glizid m for the first 2 years and then shifted to the combination of metformin 500 with glimpride 2 mg for the next two years. Due to high blood sugar levels, I was admitted in the hospital at hyderabad and I was asked to shift to huminsulin 30/70 morning with 26 points and during night with 22 points. Now my sugar levels are under control, but my legs are getting sometimes pain and sometimes senselessness. Doctor has advised me to control the sugar levels and advised me to use pregabalin one capsule daily for controlling the leg pains. But the leg pains are continuing and I am not getting relief. Please advise me proper medicines to get relief of leg pain and senselessness. With regards
Sir my father was suffering from paralyses since 4 year ago. He is paralyses in right side I will take him nagpur many times and other place &consult doctor as well as baba pandit but I not satisfy. He is now still paralyses and not able to talk and move his right hand and not able to proper walk with right lag. His hand and lag have also sense but finger of his hand and lag not respond. want that Only he will be able To talk. For this I spend our all money if he could able to talk. Please help me sir please I still wait for your response.
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative condition that affects your brain cells which produce dopamine and thus hampering all kinds of motor functioning and other emotional responses. After the disease is diagnosed, medication and therapy can help to provide relief from the symptoms to a large extent but a permanent cure is not possible.
The disorder does not have a definite set of causes. A small percentage of the cases have been related to hereditary factors and others have a range of environmental causes associated with them.
1. Genetic factors:
Specific gene mutations and gene variations have been proved to cause Parkinson's, such as SNCA, PARK2, PARK7, PINK1 and LRRK2. These make or recycle proteins which are linked to the disease.
Research shows that men are at a 1.75 times greater risk of developing the condition than women are. Also, age plays a role with most cases occurring after the age of 60.
2. Environmental factors:
Regular exposure to inorganic insecticides, pesticides, herbicides and heavy metals or other toxins may cause the disorder. In rare cases, Parkinson's disease occurs in the aftermath of a severe head injury or immune disorders.
The symptoms can be classified into two broad categories-
1. Motor symptoms:
- The hand tremors when in resting position
- The grip loosens
- Walking slows down
- Facial muscles freeze partially
- Speech is slurred
- Balance is disturbed
- Swallowing is painful
- Urination is abnormally frequent
- Dementia-like symptoms are seen
- There is involuntary twitching of the fingers and toes
- Repetition of the same movement in quick succession is nearly impossible
2. Non-motor symptoms:
- Dental problems
- Vision impairment
- Skin disorders
- Panic attacks
- Excessive secretion of saliva
- Extreme weight loss or gain
- Sexual problems
- Loss of sense of smell
- Lowering of the pitch of the voice
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
She is diabetic and take insulin twice in a day she feels pain and numbness in thigh on simple touch severe pain occurs is it due to nervous system or due to some other cause.
Hello Dr. My concern is that lack of Vitamin D is causes for weight gain and thyroid is it true cause I have epilepsy since two years and I continuously gaining weight.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side. In ayurveda it is called vamkushi:
1. Prevents snoring
2. Helps in better blood circulation
3. Helps in proper digestion after meals
4. Gives relief to people having back and neck pain
5. Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes
6. Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily
7. Liver and kidneys work better
8. Helps in smooth bowel movements
9. Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
10. Prevents acidity and heartburn
11. Prevents fatigue during morning
12. Fats gets digested easily
13. Positive impact on brain
14. It delays onset of parkinsons and alzheimers
15. It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to ayurveda.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.