Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karthik Rao
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years I have suffering from back pain which is nearest to kidney. so, please tell me what fruits and medicine to take.?
I am 24 year old male and have a stone in my both kidney both size 3.5 mm please tell me some mediation.
Hello Dr. From last 2-3 months I am urinating more than normal. I feel so embarrassed to go to toilet again and again even I've reduced drinking water because of it. Is this the symptom of diabetes. Kindly tell me how can I overcome from this prob. Thank you.
Hello Dr. My ultrasound report says- Liver- is mildly enlarged however of normal echoes GB, SPLEEN,PANCREAS, BOTH KIDNEY, urinary BLADDER AND PROSTATE are NORMAL. IMPRESSION- 1-mild nonspecific hepatomegaly. 2-Mild gaseous distended small bowel loops seen in mid to lower ABDOMEN. 3-Wall thickness and peristalsis of small and large bowel loops are normal. 4-Grossly normal scan of kub region and rest of abdominal organs. Plzz sugg. Me.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.