Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karthik Rao
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik RaoYour feedback matters!
Right testicle and scrotum area getting wicked pain. No bleed in urine and no other symptoms. Pls advise.
My father is suffering from kidney stone problem he is having stone of 0.7 mm how to cure this stone problem ,how many days it take to cure by home remedy or by exercise?
I am 71 years of age n suffering from frequent urination. Any delay leads to some drops leakage. Please suggest treatment n test for prostate problem n over active bladder. No surgery Please.
My total bilirubin is - 2.13 Direct bilirubin - .33 What precautions I have to take? What is I need to include in my food habit?
I get bright and dull red blood (mostly bright red blood) mixed with mucus in stool sometimes in large amounts sometimes in less amounts my sigmoidoscopy reports suggests small anal fissure at 6 o clock and internal hemorrhoids I notice large amt of blood mixed with mucus in stool for some days and again it becomes normal (either lessens or goes away but again comes back after few days) I have used ointments sitz baths recommended by doctors but still the problem is not resolved there is no pain during defecation please suggest a way to cure the problem. I have clumped ileal loops +mild wall thickening +mesenteric lymphadenopathy+minimal straw coloured free fluid in abdomen does all these causes also attribute to the blood prob? please suggest a cure. I also have gas pains in stomach and chest and when I touch stomach it hurts badly and I feel uneasy I also pass gas very often and experience pricking sensation in stomach and chest I am 15 year old and I have that trait and anemia. Doctors please help me please suggest a way to cure all my problems plz.
Urine incontinence is a condition that can be caused by one's everyday habits, side effects to medication, or any other long-term physical ailments. A thorough check-up by your doctor can help in getting to the root cause of this condition.
Certain beverages, medicines and foods can act as diuretics. This leads to bloating in your bladder and an increase in the volume of your urine. They include the following:
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Aerated drinks
- Artificial sweeteners
- Corn syrup
- Drinks that contain high doses of artificial flavours, sugar or acid, particularly citrus based beverages
- Heart medicines, narcotics, and muscle relaxants
- Extensive intake of vitamins B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UIT)
Urinary incontinence can also be caused by the following:
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increasedweight of the uterus can cause stress incontinence (Learn more about healthy pregnancy).
- Childbirth: Delivery can weaken the muscles required for bladder control. It damages the bladder nerves and steady tissue. With prolapse, the uterus, bladder, or the intestine can be pushed down from their usual position and might even protrude into the vagina.
- Changes developed with age: Maturing of the bladder muscle can weaken the bladder's ability to store urine.
- Menopause: After menopause,women deliver less estrogen. Disintegration of these tissues can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: In women, the same muscles and tendons support the bladder and uterus. Any surgery that removes the uterus may harm the supporting muscles, which can prompt incontinence.
- Expanded prostate: Particularly in older men, incontinence usually occurs from growth of the prostate organ, a condition known as considerate prostatic hyperplasia.
- Prostate cancer: In men, stress incontinence or urge incontinence can be connected with an untreated prostate disease. Incontinence is a reaction to medicines prescribed for prostate growth.
- Obstruction: A tumour in your urinary tract can disrupt the typical stream of urine, prompting flood incontinence. Urinary stones at times cause leakage of urine.
- Neurological disorders: Various sclerosis, Parkinson's illness, stroke, a mind tumour or a spinal damage can meddle with the nerve signals. These are important in keeping control of the bladder.
Your specialist may suggest the following:
- Bladder control: You may begin by attempting to hold off for 10 minutes each time you feel a desire to urinate. The objective is to extend the time between visits to the toilet until you start urinating in two to three hour intervals.
- Two-fold voiding: Twofold voiding implies urinating, then holding it for a couple of minutes and attempting once more. This exercise can help in leveraging better control in the long run.
- Fixed toilet time: You may attempt to urinate every two to four hours instead of sitting tight when the need arises.
- Liquid intake and diet: You may need to stay away from liquor, caffeine or acidic foods. Also, the fluid intake may have to be reduced in such cases.