Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik NageshYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. Am a mother of 5 month old baby. I am very much worried about hitting his head on my head or shoulder and accidental hitting of his head with my elbow. Is there any problem with small hitting. And what about soft spot?
I am Dr Abhishek Goyal, I am M.D. paediatrics, a child specialist. I am working with my own clinic and a nursing home with the name of Vaishnavi mother and child clinics.
Today I want to tell you regarding the vaccinations. Usually, parents ask me, sir, should we give all the vaccinations to the child, they are very costly. I suggest them this is a thing we should always vaccinate our child with all the vaccinations. As the thing is prevention is always better than cure. And for prevention, the various vaccinations are very important. There are very important vaccinations like in this scenario, we are getting so many patients of chicken pox. And for chicken pox, the vaccination we give to the child is very effective. If the baby is vaccinated, then the baby is at least 90-95% is cured or prevented from chicken pox.
- Secondly, if they get also chicken pox, it will be very mild. So according to same, there are so many vaccinations today we should give our neonates to the childhood. Like from the starting we should start from the B.C.G., O.P.V and Hepatitis B, which is given at the birth.
- Then after 1 ½ month, 2 ½ month and 3 ½ months there are 7 diseases from which vaccination can be given that is D.P.T. (diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus). Polio, injectable and oral according to the availability and H.I.P., Influenza-b and rota virus. With that hepatitis b is a very important vaccination also. One category is the meningococcal vaccine which is a very good vaccine for pneumonia.
- At 9 months, the measles or M.M.R.
- At 1 year, Hepatitis A for jaundice. For 15 months, we give M.M.R, chicken pox and at the age of 1 ½ years, it is d.p.t. booster and 2 years it is typhoid.
These days, typhoid vaccine has arrived which can be given earlier around 1 year. Same after that we usually forgot, that 4 ½ years is a very important milestone where the baby has to get the vaccinations which are M.M.R, 2, Chicken pox and D.P.T. And in ten years again the D.T. booster and in girls, it is the cervical cancer vaccine. So these all vaccines are there in all the vaccination charts and you should get your child vaccinated from all the deadly diseases.
For any further query, you can always contact me from the very good app called Lybrate app.
I am available on the Lybrate app.
My baby is 6 month old are mosquito stickers good to stick on baby clothes while taking him out for a walk in the evening. What should I do to keep him away from mosquito bites.
Pregnancy me baby movement kitne week se start hota hain? Pregnancy me daily beetroot juice pena chahiye?
Is soft energy drink. Soy milk also good for giving 6 months baby. I have soy milk of Abbott company isomil. But she's not liking it.
My child is 6 months old and he is suffering from cold and cough since 1 week I consult with doctor they gave medicines but medicines did not work please tell me what can I do.
I'm a nursing mother of a 6 month old baby boy. I started feeding him cerelac but most of the time I'm struggling as he don't Iike to eat at all. I want my baby to be healthy please help
What will be the suitable oil for baby massage, my baby is a month old. Some say its Coconut oil, a few suggest Olive oil, others say Sesame seed oil is the best. Please suggest, do we decide it as per weather? If yes, then what oil is best for which weather?
My kid is facing motion problem from last one month and also dejection is very less. Can you suggest what will be solutions for this. Thanks
My father aged 65 has Simple cortical cyst (11 mm*13 mm) on both kidney. He has back pain (sometimes, fatigue (sometimes) & little anemia, thyroid (11+) & little high BP (180). How much danger it is and what kind of food should he avoid?
Sir/mam, what in homeopathy can I give to my son as nutritional supplements on daily or weekly basis to develop my child s healthy both physically and mentally.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.