Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik NYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor My female friend (24 years) is suffering from insomnia from several years. As a result she remains frustrated throughout the entire day and gets irritated at every single thing. Is there any remedy for this problem of her? Can anything home made could be useful in her situation?
I suffering from migraine with photophobia and when it starts then I take lupisulide p. Sir what its any side effect?
I am 30 years old. I will get small seizures with my knowledge(max of 2 minutes). I get to know before it comes and I will inform others to get some water. Frequency- 1 or 2 times / month. I had brain surgery for this(right side), but still I am getting with same frequency. Can you please suggest some solution. Now I am using the below medicine tegritol cr 400mg(1-1) frisium 10 mg(0-1) torleva (500mg - 1000mg)
Migraine pain can be very excruciating and can go on for days at an end. Only those who suffer from it know how blinding the pain can be and how badly it disrupts your life and daily schedule right at its onset. At most times, you end up taking painkillers which do not give permanent or immediate relief from pain.
There is one antidote which is known to stop migraine pain in just 3 minutes.
To make this antidote, you will need lemon juice, peel of a lemon and some himalayan salt. Himalayan salt is important because the crystals are packed with rich nutrients - as many as 84!
Mix two teaspoons of himalayan salt with juice of two lemons and grated crust of one lemon. Put the mixture in a jug or a bottle and add a glass of water. Shake or stir it well and drink this water in one go. While the drink doesn't taste very good, it has amazing properties and cures migraine pain within the next three minutes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I'm a 24 year old who is suffering from AVM in brain.Please let me know what could be the cause of it.
First time affected epilepsy 3 months back. Taking seezfree tab. 1gm (1-0-1. Pls guide me should I continue this or decrease the dosage. Is there any other medicine? How long I should take.
Hello Readers I'm writing on behalf of my mother who has been suffering from Migraine since she was 16; she is 60 now. All these years have been intense especially the mornings that has numbered to 16000 now; we tried all the alternatives, namely Ayurveda, Acupressure, Homeopathy, myriad doctors such as Neurologists, Physicians, General Practitioners. Based upon the advices, my mother has been taking drugs, Vasograin, Suminat, Ambulex, Alprax for last 5 years and have seen a reduction in the frequency of the attacks ; I will try to be concise about the schedule/methodology as mentioned below: a.Migraine attacks come every morning (I believe after the sleep); vasograin and ambulex are taken which subside the pain before my mother could start her day. B.There are days when after upon eating several foods (such as milk product items, wheat products, spinach, tangy fruits), migraine does come back and the solution is a second dose of vasograin. However, introduction of Gasex (Himalaya product) after the food has reduced the intensity of the pain. C.Alprax is taken (once or twice a month) in case the headache is intense and a feeling of numbness is there. D.Every 15 days or so, my mother gets a severe attack that goes away only with the Suminat (25 mgs) that comes with the nausea. After all these years, I?m intensely worried about the GI Tract of my mother, poisoning of the organs because of drugs ingestion, overall general health and what not; your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I am feeling numbness and pain my left toe on edge of toe from little finger to heel,& same in my left palm, please suggest what should I do ?
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where an affected person suffers from sleeplessness and is unable to fall asleep or remain asleep for a long time which is required to stay healthy. Insomnia affects the functioning of the body and increases pain sensitivity of the body.
Insomnia has many cures and treatment options. Homeopathy is considered to be an important and very efficient form of medication, which treats insomnia and related sleeping disorders. Homeopathy eliminates the cause of insomnia from the roots, and both the disorders and symptoms are cured.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat insomnia, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
- Arnica: It is used to ease patients when they overwork physically, and is also useful tor treating insomnia caused due to jet lag.
- Aconite: Aconite cures acute cases of insomnia, which results because of fear, shock, paranoia, grief or due to some bad news. Anxiety, tension and restlessness also cause insomnia, which is cured by aconite.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic remedy treats insomnia where a patient feels sleepy during the daytime, but cannot sleep at night. Restlessness and having bad dreams are observed.
- Calcarea phosphoric: This medicine treats insomniac patients who experience difficulty in waking up in the morning. The patient becomes anxious, restless and gets irritated easily and tends to avoid daily routine.
- Causticum: Causticum is used in cases of insomnia where bed wetting is likely by the patient, especially during the first phase of the night. The patient develops a fear of the dark and a strong sense of justice.
- Chamomilla: Used in cases of sleeplessness in babies where teething, anger or colics cause disruption in sleep. The eyes do not close completely during sleep, and the patient moans. It is also used in grown-ups who are irritable and peevish and experience fearful dreams.
- Cocculus: Cocculus cures insomnia, which occurs due to over exhaustion and over strain. It prevails in people who work during night shifts and need to spend sleepless nights due to work.
- Coffee: This homeopathic remedy is derived from coffee beans and provides relaxation to insomniac people. When a person gets over excited and is kept awake because of constant thoughts, coffee can calm that person and make him fall asleep.
- Equisetum: This homeopathic medicine cures insomnia where the patient wets the bed while dreaming. This happens due to immature nervous functioning.
- Ignatia: Ignatia treats insomnia occurring from extreme shock, grief or emotional stress. The patient becomes very moody, jerks his limbs during sleep and experiences disturbing dreams.
Homeopathy is an ideal treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. Being natural, it works very efficiently without any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.