Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik JYour feedback matters!
I have recently got root canal therapy but my that tooth still aches a little while chewing what should I do. I haven't told my dentist for this.
My teeth's are not in proper line. I need to fix it by straighting with the help of clips. How much it will cost and how long it would take?
Hello sir, Mujhe kuch mitha khane se daanton me tez dard hota h aur thanda paani pine se b dard hota hai, kisi ne Sensodent paste ka kaha h aap bataye. Thanks.
I am 26 years old. I put clip for my teeth for the past 5 years. I removed my clip before six month. They gave me a plastic temporary clip. Now I feel that my teeth are moving still I didnot use my front teeth to eat or bite any thing. What should I do ?
Please suggest me something to make my teeth bright as I used to eat tobacco products. I stop eating but it shows no effect to my teeth.
Dental Problem : I get Dental checkup done regularly. But soon after drinking Hot Milk to my taste I feel my whole mouth taste gets bad and bad breath starts.
Which toothpaste is best? I want to know because I used the DABUR RED. I think this is the best one because its made in naturally.
I have pain on my tooth on the right corner of upper jaw, since 4 days. I need to know why is this happening. I didn't have cavities.
Hello. I have got impacted wisdom tooth. Which I got extracted on 16 March 2017 .And even my stitches are removed today. But still I'm feeling pain in my other teeth and check .What should I do. When should I start eating from that of my mouth. When it will be normal. Please help me. I'm very scared.
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.
I am suffering from tooth problem. There is two holes in my upper jaws two different last teeth. So, what will be the solution for quiring this?
During root canal a piece of needle is remain in my teeth by dentist. He says me that was not create any problem how this will true. please respond me further I consult any Doctor or not. please suggest me.
Dear sir My mouth not open due to chewing gutkha but now I am forget all this bad habits, so pls suggest me some medicine for same.
My teeath has cavities Dr told to go for root canal treatment I am 53 years old Please give your opinion and also give suitable medicines for pain relief without undergoing root canal treatment,
My teeth is tittle yellow in colour. Previous 2 years I done cleaning of my teeth. And care well but it again become yellow. What I will do next?
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing.