Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karthik G
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik GYour feedback matters!
Doctor listened the problem, did thorough check up and gave medicine.
I won't get sleep when I sleep straight I have sleep crossed one sided please help I forced to sleep straight I get back pain.
DOCTOR ADVISED BED REST FOR BACK PAIN ?
THE PROCEDURES BED REST
Sometimes a back problem is too inflamed for exercises to start. When this is the case, the ideal approach is to rest in bed with medication, doing hours of exercises throughout the day.Bed rest simply means going tobed, which is usually hard to do. The adjustment in people’s lives is never easy and invariably you think there must be an easier way. But to do it properly you simply must rest.
Furthermore, you have to give yourself over to the notion of doing nothing,with an attitude of abandon rather than frustration, otherwise you will get nowhere.With cases of severe inflammation, there can be a build-up of treatment soreness which mimics the original pain. If the condition is chronic, the increase in pain is tolerable, but if the segment is acutely inflamed, it will seem as if the treatment has made you worse. Bed rest lets the dust settle. The peaceful periods between the hard work let the inflammation subside and allow your back to recuperate so therapy can go on.
Bed rest also eliminates the compression of gravity, which,as a first measure, starts the un-jamming of the spinal link. This first step usually makes the worst of the pain start to fade. Apart from relieving the local engorgement of the problem link, the horizontal resting eases the spasm of the spinal muscles. As they relax, the pain eases as the circulation picks up.
There is better natural sluicing of toxic inflammatory products away from the local nerve endings and the pain is no longer ever-present. As the protective spasm eases, the restorative process gathers pace.
I guess I am suffering from hip bursitis. I feel pain while I sit on chair or stand from that. Please suggest exercise and medicine.
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips
- Misaligned Spine
- Misaligned shoulders
- A constantly forward-tilted head
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!