Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Karthik GYour feedback matters!
Hi My mother in-law is having swelling in her face and somewhere in body having problem with breath .Maximum time she want to sleep. I am worry about her. She is facing this last 15 days. Existing health issue :- high blood pressure No diabetes No thyroid Now Having swelling in her lungs last 15 days Please suggest specialist doctor for her checkup Any cause for her symptoms if you can tell would be better.
I have saniu (musel problem) itz being handicapped by her pain. Don'g know the actual cause so l request you please help us.
I sometimes have pain in joints (knee) .I am just 20 .help me with this. Also sometimes that tactac sound also comes. What to do.
I am 61 years old I am suffering from pain in right wrist at the bottom of thumb pain occurs only at particular movement of thumb since last two months I have taken pain killers Made hot air shake also took. UV Rays but still I am not totally all right.
When I move, sounds come out from knee, ankle, wrist and in almost every joints in my body. Whats the problem?
Actually the problem which she was facing is she z getting leg pains. A lot. She z very weak. Can't work properly for at least 1hr. Can you please suggest any medicine for her.
I have knee pain in my left leg pl advise medicines at present I am using dicloferrec sodium with paracetemol not getting relief ?
I am 29 years old. I have been felt knees little painful when I climb stairs and walk 5 minutes. What should I do? is there any medicine for it?
I am not getting full sleep I can not sleep well please help me regarding this as soon as possible and I also have back pain problems too so help in it also.
My aunt is diagnosed with diaphragm elevated issue and hence has breathing issue. Doctor is saying, she need to wear mask through out her life. She has rheumatoid arthritis and since she is not able to hold her breath while in sleeping position, doctor is not able to take CT scan. Could someone help. Me how serious is this diaphragm issue and is there a way to take CT scan, as she is not able to hold her breath even for sometime.
Could you please tell me how long it tool to cure Ankylosing Spondylitis or medicine need to continue? I am on medicine for last 5+ years.
My mom complains of pain and swelling in foot since 2 months. She tried everything like warm and cold packs, medicine etc but did not relieved. Her age is 40 yrs. Plzz advice something.
Hi, I am having back pain from 2 weeks going to my legs. What should I do to reduce pain? Please advise.
I had my periods on 1.5. 2016 and I had use contraceptive pill to prevent pregnancy and again I got periods on 16.5. 2016 and having back pain can I know the reason.
I am 25 year old male. I have fever from yesterday night. I have joint pains and headache. My eyes are red. Can you deduce my situation?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.