Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KapilYour feedback matters!
Doctor I have some issue like I can feel my heart beat and my heart beat increase when I do some pressure works like weight lifting or heavy movements. I examined ecg and echo screening both Wr normal. I had chest pain when examined with the gastro Doctor they told some acid get more produce in your body due to tat I am get chest pain. Am I facing this problem by gastric or cardio problem.
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run. Coronary artery disease is one such problem and can seriously put the health of your heart at risk.
What is coronary heart disease?
Coronary arteries are very important blood vessels, which carry nutrients, blood and oxygen to your heart. If the level of bad cholesterol is high in your blood, it will start leaving deposits on the walls of the arteries which are commonly known as plaque. This plaque will start building up over time causing blockage of the arteries and disrupting proper blood flow. Excessive build up of the plaque may then rupture the lining of the plaque. This will then induce blood clotting and further prevent the normal flow of blood.
Primary symptoms may include
- Shortness of breath: This may occur while you are exercising or performing activities which are mildly exerting.
- Heart beats very hard and fast: Your heart may beat very hard and fast, especially when doing everyday activities such as climbing stairs or walking for a prolonged distance.
- Angina or chest pain: You may experience pain in your chest as if someone was pressing against it with a lot of force. Angina is also triggered due to stressful activities or even emotional stress. It usually occurs on the left or the middle of the chest and may even be felt in the back, arms, and neck.
- Heart attack: Heart attacks are the most common and the most serious complications of coronary heart disease. You would feel extreme pain, akin to crushing on your chest, shoulder, or arm. It may even be accompanied by jaw pain, and sweatiness.
Non invasive forms of treatment are always preferable rather than invasive surgeries or procedures to treat coronary heart disease, especially where the risk of serious complications such as heart attack are still on the lower side. Some of the treatments used for coronary heart disease are as follows:
- Making lifestyle changes: Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption along with consumption of regulated diet will automatically start cleaning plaque that has built up within the arteries. Losing weight also tends to help.
- Medications: Special medications can take care of cases wherein the deposits are still lesser and the plaque buildup can be removed without the requirement of extensive surgery. Anti-cholesterol medications are one example of this.
- Surgical procedures: These are usually employed when the blockage is severe and cannot be corrected by the conventional methods mentioned above. Some of the procedures are angioplasty, stent replacement, as well as coronary artery bypass surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.
High I am 23 years old and have hair fall issue. I am working hence do not find much time to take care of them. Lost my hair volume Because of hair fall and dandruff. Please suggest a remedy.
मुझे बी पी हाई की प्रॉब्लम है जो क़ि मुझे कुछ दिन पहले ही पत्ता लगा । कोलेस्ट्रोल भी ज्यादा है 270 । मुझे बताये की मुझे क्या क्या परहेज रखने है बीपी 100 140 था जब मुझे पत्ता लगा
My age is 24 and hight 5.5ft n weight 61 kg. Sometimes i suffer from high blood pressure problem. Please give some suggestions.
Dear Sir/Madam My friend weight is 56 kg. Height 5'9" age 39 years . How to gain weight (for your information he is a cholesterol patient) Please kindly suggest keeping in mind of cholesterol problem. Will protein intake will help or increases the risk of high cholesterol. KIndly advise. Thanks.
I always have pain in my chest mostly heart side its just like a heart attack pain I have not taken any advise from any one its suddenly arose and most of 10 mins or mare than that please help me out that how can I protect my self from this severe pain.
Hello doctor, my mom went under an open heart surgery few years ago, she is taking all the medicine described by the surgeon, but from last 1 week there is a swelling in her leg, the leg has swollen very much she can not even walk properly, why is it so?
In between the chest sometimes left side and sometimes right side of the chest I have pain please suggest me. What I do?
I am medium fat person. I have bad cholesterol and stomach. How can I decrease my stomach and bad cholesterol.
My mother is suffering from high blood pressure. On 11th oct her bp was 170, on 12th oct it was 150 and on 13th oct it was 160 .so what remedy should we take? Before this their was no such problem infact her parents also do not have BP problem.
Will you please tell name of decease & further treatment according to test reports 1) LFT, LIPID PROFILE are normal, 2) HBsAg = REACTIVE, 3) URINE MICRAL = NEGATIVE, 4) HBV, DNA (QUANTITATIVE) 474 IU/ML (log10 value 2.68 IU/ML) 5) HBeAg = NEGATIVE, 6) All general blood & urine reports are normal.
My mom is 46 years old and she is having high BP problem. She sometimes wakes up at middle of night and finds her head heavy. Suggest Mr. something to control it.
I am 69 years, and CAD patient with multiple blocks and under medical line of of treatment for more than 20 years. I also have CERVICAL spondylitis with mild compression. Food intake is normal, non diabetic. For last one year I am getting pain between wrist to arm joint, some times it is very severe. I have been recommended to use pain spray. It gives relief, occasionally I use SALONPAS PAIN RELIEVING PATCH which is very helpful. On many occasions the pain radiates to shoulder joint, back, neck and ears. Occasionally I take SORBITRATE 5 mg. Recommended by cardiologist. I get faster relief from this Tablet. I brought to the notice of the CARDIOLOGIST and also ORTHO SURGEON, who advised me to take the same and no harm will come even if I take more than 2 to 3 tablets. This will protect and act as pain killer and as well protect the HEART. Normally there will be no sweating, no chest pain during such occasions. Unless it is very hot and poor air circulation in the area. On such occasions if I am driving, I will stop and relax for few minutes and try to get plenty fresh air. Most of the time I get relief without grabbing SORBITRATE TAB. Other wise I will have the TAB for relief. I am not able to go for Medium or Long walking because I get NECK PAIN and rest for few minutes gives relief. Sometimes I get pain while taking food in a group. MY QUESTION is why I get such pain but get relief after brief rest with plenty of fresh air or tablet? I may also add that I avoid gulping SORBITRATE at sign of the PAIN. I shall be glad to have honest answer to my question why the pain appears while changing the gears--motor car turning steering wheel, occasionally.
Hello, I have been facing this problem for the last 4 years. Getting pain near the heart once every 1 hour, and hands shivering continuously every time 24/7. Consulted cardiovascular doctor thrice said no problem, then consulted gastro had some issues of gas but now I m getting lesser pains, however getting them on odd days again. Even at times vague pains across the body like shoulder, foot near the middle nerve, near the thigh, back side of the head etc. Please help me here to come out of the prob.
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.