Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini Arvind RaoYour feedback matters!
Have missed my periods my last periods was on 2nd feb for this month I did.Not got my periods also had an unprotected sex but sure that m nt pregnant. What should I do as this happens to me in every 2 to 3 months?
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I have fibroids. For the last 3 months i suffer from abdomen and pelvic pain. The pain starts 5 days after my period and continues till next period cycle. Throughout the month i suffer form pain for no specific reason. I eat normal homecooked vegetarien food. My Ultrasound report states Liver, Gallbaldder Pancreas, Urinary Bladder are normal, Right kidney 10.1x3.5cm left kidney 11.3x4.5cm. No evidence of splenomgaly, lymphadenopathy or free fluid. Uterus is anteverted and normal in size. It measures 9.7x7.0x5.4cm. Endometrium is normal in thickness. Multiple fibroids in following locations: 1.) 35x30mm partially exophytic fibroid in left lateral wall. 2.) 5x10mm subserous fibroid in anterior wall. 3.) 34x24 and 48x28mm intramural fibroids in posterior wall. Both ovaries are sonographically normal. Right ovary measured 3.1x2.6cm and left ovary 3x2.2cm. Kindly advice as it hampering by daily life.
I am 19 years old. Am too hormonal if I thought about sex I will get wet I will thought about sex 2 to 3 times a day mostly everyday and the fluid will be in my underwear all the day will it cause any harm to stomach r health.
My husband masturbating since 10 years. My question is that .does hi able to get me pregnant .and is his sperms are able to produce child .does he become father. please reply as soon as possible.
Hai Dr. Am an anemia patient last 20 days back I had 3 packs of blood transplant to me. My problem is am not in regular periods nd all tests in hospital they have done all reports came -ve nd also am not regular in periods ns my weight is 84 please gve me a solution.
If I my last menstrual begins on the 23 of November 2015. And my due date is August 29 2016, can it be dated when I got pregnant? Please help My period cycle is about 31 days and last for 5 dsys.
Is it okay to have sex multiple times without protection and then take an ipill? and how often can ipill can be taken?
Dear sir, I am 50 and have 2 3 fibroids in my utreus. Doctor says to remove the utreus but I donot want to get it removed. What should I do? is it dangerous to carry it further. I donot have any problem because of this.
Hi I am 27 and expecting running my 7th month I have lot of back ache issue. What should I do and can I have chiku and sugarcane juice during my pregnancy.
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed only second last pill of june which was doubled up along with the last. Took a break of 6 days from 2-7th july. Withdrawal bleed from 5-8th july. Started new pack from 8july. Had protected intercourse on 9th july. But the condom was used thrice. Then had protected intercourse on 14th. Missed 21st july pill which was doubled next day after a gap of 24 hrs. On 22nd july morning had a very light bleeding. Which was stopped as soon as pills were continued. Pill pack ended on 28th july. Had withdrawal bleed from 1-6th aug. Took home pregnancy test with first morning urine after that. At 4,5,6,7,8tg weeks, all were negative. No symptoms in general. Bt from the past two days I feel a little bloated and ve put on some weight. And for the past two days vaginal discharge was watery transparent and stretchy but of little amount. Is this the signs of ovulation? If so when will be my next period, as my expected date is on 1st sept. Do I need to do blood test or hpt further? Is their any risk of pregnancy?
I am 29 years old with 29 weeks and 6 days pregnancy. Wanted to know can I eat dry fruits in limited quantity since everyone says it should be eaten in 9th month.
I am 31 years old, had irregular periods I use to get acne I had treatment for acne, I am married now since 2 years I got sonography report I got cystic ovaries now what should I do, my doc said me I got cyst because of consumption of acne medicines.
I have had sex with my aunt daughter on 6th of this month without protection and she had 1st time with me. But I didn't ejaculate in vagina. I'd used withdrawal method. Is there any chances of pregnancy and what should I do now. Her period cycle started from 29 of every month.
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems, but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Healp adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Healp children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
If you have a healthy pregnancy, there’s no reason why you and your partner can not have sex. You would not hurt your baby by making love.
There are, however, some circumstances where you may have to be careful about having sex.
If you’ve had any bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy, your doctor may advise you not to have sex until you reach 14 weeks. Your doctor may say it is best not to have sex for the rest of your pregnancy if you have:
- a history of cervical weakness
- a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia)
- had heavy bleeding
- had a vaginal infection
It is advisable to consult your gynecologist if you have a doubt ask your gynecologist. Your doctor is the best person to advise in such matters.