Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini Arvind RaoYour feedback matters!
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hey. My wife got some brown spot in her underwear n she do not get her period till now whats the prob hw can we deal with it. Shes age is 26.
Last year I have got a surgery that I have water bubbles. After that my periods are regular. My husband also performed sperm count analysis he has sperm count range from 60-80. I used so many tablets but no use at last this month my doctor recommended me iui treatment but I said no. I want naturally. Please suggest me my weight- 62 my height -5.5.
Dr. One of my female friend faces this problem sometimes suddenly her body gets cold and starts sweating in face and hand at that time she felts very sleepy after sleeping for sometime she gets normal her weight is 65 and age 22 may I know what is the problem she having.
Me and girl frend had sex 10 day ago we take precaution .like.in use 2 condom while having sex and I did not even organ inside her vagina .even tho .i was waring condom. My problem is she is not getting her period on time .she was supposed to have periods on 15th since today was the first day she miss her periods .is there any think to worry about it .that she will get pregnant? Is there any possibilities? Is yes then what should we do .which medicine should I give to her to stop the pregnancy? Or what she she must do to stop the pregnancy ?or should I wait for more 2 .3 days?
As a mother, eat as much as fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins like meats, nuts, beans and eggs possible. Also, drink milk and eat foods rich in calcium, like yoghurt, cheese, green leafy vegetables etc. It will be of great benefit to your and your baby.
Done one cycle of IVF and result was negative. Current AMH is 1.88 and age is 31. Pls suggest whether we should go for more IVF cycles or donor egg treatment directly AND will there will be any side effects on body because of medicines/injections in IVF cycle. Pls suggest practical solutions. Thank you.
Hello doctor, I am 29 years old female married, Now a days my nipples are paining not breast, please tell me why it is happening, I am very worried. Thank you in advance.
I have cured my necrosis on right femur head and right now suffering from pcod. Due to prolonged illness my immune system is vry low. I cannot drink anything cold even in summers as my throat gets soar and my whole body gets stiff after having a bite of something cold. My routine life is totally disturbed. So how can I boost my immune system?
I have pcos 1 year back ago but now my periods are regular but pregnancy not occur pls suggest me some treatment.
I had sex with my boyfriend. Without using protection. And the penis is not enter into vagina. Later I take unwanted 72. Is it possibly to get pregnant?
Morning sickness: eat crackers, cereal, or pretzels before getting out of bed; eat small, frequent meals throughout the day; avoid fatty, fried, spicy, and greasy foods.
Constipation: eat more fresh fruit and vegetables. Also, drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
Diarrhea: eat more foods that contain pectin and gums (two types of dietary fiber) to help absorb excess water. Examples of these foods are applesauce, bananas, white rice, oatmeal, and refined wheat bread.
Heartburn: eat small, frequent meals throughout the day; try drinking milk before eating; and limit caffeinated foods and beverages, citric beverages, and spicy foods.