Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini Arvind RaoYour feedback matters!
I am not pregnant but I am producing milk from breast also I am never doing sex. I do not know why this happened pls consult me, also pls tell me the medicine name if required.
My menstrual cycle is of 40 day so on which are the days for having sex for expecting to be pregnant?
Mam, I got a miscarriage in october due to pcod problem. Irregular periods and swelling on overused. please suggest me if I can try for baby now.
The famous adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has given apples a lot of popularity. If you are visiting someone who is ill, the safest fruit to take would be apples. It is also one of the first foods to be given to an infant. It is also known for its soothing effect on the stomach. Be it weight watchers or recovering patients, apple is what everybody reaches out to.
People, however, have developed a misconception that the peel of the apple contains chemicals and should be peeled off before consumption. Not many realize that the maximum benefits of an apple are realized only when it is eaten with the peel.
Read on to know more about eating a whole apple versus a peeled one.
- Fiber: If fruits are known for their fiber, then peeling the apple takes away more than half the fiber content from it. An apple with peel gives about 4 g of fiber, while without it gives about 1.5 to 2 g. That is almost 50%, which definitely is not worth throwing out.
- Vitamins and minerals: Apples are considered good sources of potassium and vitamins like C and A. Same as fiber, more than half the benefits are lost if the peel is removed. Since potassium goes a long way in keeping the heart healthy, wouldn't it be great to reap those benefits?
- Cancer-fighting agent: Apples contain triterpenoids, which are believed to either kill or control the growth of cancer cells. These again are concentrated in the peel, and peeling an apple takes away this benefit.
- Fat burner: The skin of the apple contains ursolic acid, which helps in fighting obesity by burning more fat, and peeling it takes away the fat-burning benefits of an apple. This also helps in improving sugar and glucose levels and also aids weight loss.
- Antioxidants: Apples contain a compound called quercetin which helps in controlling memory loss and dementia. This again is concentrated in the skin, which should, therefore, be retained. The bioactive substances including polyphenols and pectins are also lost when the peel is removed.
- Eases breathing: The same quercetin also helps in easing breathing and improves lung function. This is especially important in people who have chronic lung issues like asthma.
One point of contention here is that most people peel the apple as it is not healthy and full of wax coating which gives it a fresh look. Organic apples are therefore preferred compared to the glossy ones. Further, you can dip your fruits in drinking water for 15-20 minutes to enjoy it without worrying about superficial add-on chemicals. When nicely washed, these apples are devoid of wax and also pack in all the required nutrients.
Quick tip for festivals
Try to have a fruit smoothie made especially from unpeeled apple with little curd water and honey, avoid banana. It is a perfect way to boost your energy during festivities while keeping your calories in check. So, go ahead and eat them to your heart’s content. Remember to keep the peel on though! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 27 years old. Last month I had cl cyst in my left ovary. Doctor prescribed me regestrone for 3 days. My period came n 7 th april. I trying to conceive. Me and my husband had sex every day till may 1 st. And my period is not yet come. I have symptoms like fatigue, hungry, bloating, cramping. Say if I am pregnant or not. And I had two pregnancy tests. Both are negative. Please clear my doubt. Thank you.
UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same.
Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways. The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity. Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Follow up is needed with the Physician or the Nephrologist while having medication or there are chances of recurrent UTI. The treatment for recurrent UTI can go for more than 3-8 weeks.
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.