Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamalini Venkat
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamalini VenkatYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female and have heavy bleeding and stomach pain in periods time and I did uterus scanning and report have 12 mm thickness endometrium now wat should I do?
Hello, I am near abt 2 weeks late from my periods. Should I take the test. As I am planning to expect. Could tedt be done in night? Plzzz rply fast I am becoming impulsive.
Hi Dr. Thank you for last solution provided. This time we had contact on ovlution day n Dr. gave me sustain tb for 10 days to be inserted in vagina. I just want to know what can be the symptomps that I am pregnant. Please help.
Hi, I'm on my CD 21. Nw I'm getting white clear and slippery discharge. Someone said we can check about ovulation or else pregnancy through cervix position. Is it really works? How to check cervix position? Can you please tell me what that white clear and slippery discharge is? Actually we had intercourse yesterday, that discharge is due to intercourse or anything else? Thanks in advance.
I am 25 years old .unmarried women. Already have a pocd problem. I am having irregular periods. Now the bleeding will last for more than 20 days. Dr. prescribed to take t.regestrone for 3 weeks (tds. And continue to 3 weeks (bd. After consuming the tablet I have put on to weight and already I am little obese. I have worried about myself. If there any measure to reduce weight and maintain the regular periods? If there any alternative medicine?
I had unprotected sex on aug 29. Not exactly sex its more like just touching our private parts. I had my periods on 10 sept on time bt now in oct I m 12 days late. Its really freaking me out. Mam please help me?
I am 20 yrs old and I get irregular menses. At Least 1 month get skip in a year. Why this kind of problem?
Hello doctor, again same thing happening with me as last time. My period is due. I have to get my periods on 4 may. V had our intercourse on 16 April nd alternative days till may 1 nd last month I got on 4 April. Last month I got my periods delay for 12 days. Nd taken test it was negative. Nd this tym also not got my periods. My periods usually 30 to 33 days. Cycle. So please suggest me till how many days I have to wait for my periods. Nd take pregnancy test. My weight is 61 kg. Having hypothyroid taking tab 62 mg thyronorm. Daily. M worried please suggest me.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.