Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
We are newly married and we have planned to have sex. But we are not interested in developing our family. Even if my birth part touches my wife's will she become pregnant?
I am 30week pregnant, my baby is in posterior position, what can I do to being my baby in anterior position? Too much worried.
I'm Missing my menses and I have pcos. My last period date is 8: 09:2016. Till now I dnt get my menses this month. I used to have the problem but from last 7 months I don't face any problem. Can I go for medication again.
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
I get menstrual cycle regularly but with full of stomach pain for the 1st day alone. What is the remedy for my problem?
I am 19 week pregnant and I have still not started feeling any movements of my baby. When will it start.
keep yourself healthy by following these tips:-
1. Breakfast- breakfast means break the fast. They provide the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast.
Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty like trying to start the car without petrol.
Breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking.
Breakfast foods are good source of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and vit-b as well as protein and fibre.
Breakfast also restores glucose level, an essential carbohydrate that is needed for the brain to function.
Many studies have shown that eating breakfast can improve memory and concentration.
Eating breakfast has long term health benefits. It can reduces obesity, high b. P, heart disease and diabetes.
Some breakfast items:-
Cereals and bread, eggs, milk, upma, idli, dosa, poha, cornflakes, fruit/fruit juices, sprouts, etc.
2. Fruits:- fruits are good source of vitamins and minerals so try to introduce, a portion of your daily diet.
These are essential for the proper functioning of the body rich in dietary fibres.
It also helps to improve the function of digestive tract.
Those who want to loose weight; fruits is an important healthy diet.
Fruit help you to stay away from health complications like stroke, high b. P, cancer, heart problem, diabetes.
Fruit effectively fight skin disorders and promote healthy hair growth.
Suggested to eat row.
3. Physical activity:- regular physical activity improves strength and endurance, helps build healthy bones and muscles, helps control weight. Reduces anxiety and stress, increases self esteem and may improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
It should be done 60 mins or more of physical activity daily.
4. Brushing;- brushing is important to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
They are an important part in preventing gum disease and reducing your risk of tooth loss and dental problems.
Only 2 mins brushing twice a day can not only save your teeth and keep your smile looking beautiful it can also literally save your life.
5. Washing hands:-
Washing your hands correctly is the most important thing. I protect against a number of infectious diseases such as influenza, common cold.
Proper methods of hand washing:-wash your hand with soap and water for at least 20 sec ds.
Wash the front and back of your hands as well as between your fingers and under nails.
Rinse your hand well under warm running water using rubbing motion.
Don’t use a common hand towel.
6. Benefits of sleep:- sleep makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond just boosting your mood or banishing under eye circles.
Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle. Can benefits your heart, weight, mind and more.
Sleep plays a critical role in immune functions, metabolism, memory, learning, and other vital functions.
We should take 6-8 hrs of sleep daily.
Hi, I am 20 and I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, I had sex in 4th may and she had her periods from 25th april to 1st may, I had used the pullout method, and dint cumm inside her, but I am worried! If she gets pregnant! what are the chances of her getting pregnant! And any home method to check if she is pregnant? Apart from pregnancy test kit?
Is it ok to have oral sex? What precautions we need to avoid hepatitis b&c, hpv, hsv any other std. Is it ok?
My sister is pregnant 8 months. In the morning when she wakes up she feels sprain in her thigh muscles. How can we get the better of this problem?
I am 22 year old n I am now 2 months pregnant. Yesterday suddenly I bleeding started n I went through hospital they said baby is not fully grown n heart heartbeat also low n it will cause abortion. Is this condition serious please suggest me some tips to make my baby healthy. I want my baby healthy please reply me plz.
I am 25 I got aborted in month of may I got ma period in June but little then July I got twice again lit how come? why don't I get back to my normal period ?
Health benefits of dark chocolate
1. Slow the sign of aging
2. Lower blood pressure
3. Rich of vital vitamins &amp; minerals
4. Increase blood flow to the brain and heart
5. Contain anti depressant agent
6. Improve your mood
7. Reduce stress
8. High in potassium, copper, magnesium iron