Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamala UnnikrishnanYour feedback matters!
We are recently married couple and post consulting doctor my wife found she is pregnant but we are not prepared to have this baby even my wife feels that her body can not suffer this baby. Would it be good if we abort this baby? What are the side effects of abortion? My age-27 Wife- age-24.
Hi, I had a unprotected sex in Thailand, due to this I have went for STD check after 14th week. It turned C. Trachomatis and HSV as equivocal HIV as negative. Do I still need to test HIV or can I start medication for HSV 2 and C. tract.
Sir my wife is pregnant from 1 week & she is avoiding to food so what i can give her please suggest me ?
Hey folks ; I am 27 year old girl. And my question is that my boyfriend insist me for anal sex and oral sex. Due to which some time his sperm I take on my mouth. Although he is doing natural sex very well. Please. Tell. Me this anal. Sex and. Oral sex s dangerous and how should I take protection?
I am taking krimpson 35 my last period date is on Jan 20 and afetr that feb 17, 18 i got spotting but no periods. Is their any way to get pregnant. Plz reply back me soon.
I'm 20 years old female. I had sex with my bf after my periods like 7 day. Unprotected sex took ipill wit in 24 hrs and got bleeding after a week of taking ipill i am really afraid for that please give a solution for that
Sir my grlfrnd is 21 years old and continue getting weight, and she have also a problem that she never get timely period and also have little bit pimple always occured in her face. Plz help
I got married in 2009, but didn't conceive upto now, hsg test is normal, I am having cyst but it is removed by injection. All reports are normal now medicine are going on but no result is coming, I am so much frustrated wht to do I am not understanding.
I took ipill on the 1 of May. On the 8th of May I started to bleed which resulted in a full period. Some doors said it was withdrawal bleeding. My period was due on the 18 of May. Making my cycle just 20 days while my cycle is of 30/34 days. I want to know will I get the period again on the 18 or should I count the days for the next period from 8th. Thanks.
Hi, I m 23 years old, I m trying to conceive a baby from last 1 year but I found no result. And I also clear all physical test. Please tell me what should I do? please.
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to Balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of Balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause Balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other Balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to Balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
Other causes of Balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: Otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. Completing the antibiotics course helps prevent this infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Hello mam kuch mahine pahle mujhe thighs pr vagina k pas shayd makdi ne kaat liya tha uske baad wha khujli hone lgi or fer daad jaisa kuch ho gya uspr Maine bnc cream lagai wo thik ho gya. Then wha fer se itching hone lg gyi or ab mam vagina k charo trf itching hoti h or chhote chhote daad jaise ho gye hn or pichhe ki trf b red red rashesh ho gye hn. Or itching hoti h bht. Tell me mam wht to do.
Menopause is a natural change in a female body that occurs after or around the age of 45, when the ability to bear children stops permanently. The fertility diminishes and the menstrual cycle stops. A decrease in hormone production, especially in the levels of estrogen, happens after the onset of menopausal years.
During this time, there are a number of physical changes that take place inside the woman’s body. The noticeable changes happen in the female breasts.
Some visible changes to breasts during menopause
Non-cyclical breast pain is mostly not related to menstrual cycle and slowly stops with time.
Loss of glandular tissues is common and causes shrinkage in size.
With age, the connective tissues also lose elasticity and causes sagging
Breast pain could also be due to fibrocystic breast changes
There could be a chance of developing breast cancer
Density of the glands decreases inside the breasts and fat develops.
It is advisable to get any kind of discomfort examined by the doctor to make sure you are in the safe zone. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is not generally advised as it may create hormonal issues in the long run.
It is also important to follow a healthy diet comprising of protein, calcium , magnesium and other vital nutrients as advised by your doctor. Reduction in smoking and alcohol intake is highly beneficial and cuts down risk of major diseases. It is also necessary to exercise, remain physically active and maintain a healthy body weight during this time.
Regular check-ups, mammograms and self-examination of breasts help to diagnose and detect early signs of breast tumours and cancer and are highly recommended, especially for women who are in the perimenopausal and menopausal years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Sir we are newly married couples and this is the third month for us and the query is now my missed her periods and it's going to complete 35 days and still we didn't check the pregnancy test and also sometimes my wife got pain in her stomach and also body paining feeling tired is that any problem for her to make pregnancy and I'm so weird because of this please advise us immediately thank you.
I am having pain on left side of my lower abdomen, the pain is spreading to half of my back also. Sometimes I am having the feeling of vomiting and headache. I am also urinating frequently. Had a routine test of urine. But no infection found. I was trying to conceive but don't understand whether these are early pregnancy symptoms or something else. My previous cycle was on 27th Jun. Please help.
I am 24 year old and I am 28 week pregnant can I continue using orofer and b 12 tablet? And also I have lower abdominal pain what to do?
Hello Doctor, one of my friend her age is 28 years and she had a sex once with her ex boyfriend and now her marriage fixed she had a fear that her husband will come to know that she has lost her virginity. Is there any solution so that she can prove that she is virgin?
Can we take dry fruits in initial first three months of pregnancy? If yes, which all n how many. Soaked in water or raw?
When the lazy weekends hit, most people are tempted stay in bed all through the day and skip the daunting task of bathing. But there is a host of reasons why one must never think of skipping the bath, and it does more than making one feel fresh and smell good; it is a great way of serving to keep fit and healthy.
- Reduction of muscle tension: A simple warm shower can help in the reduction of muscle tension and relieves overstretched muscles. It helps in healing sores by relaxing them and improving elasticity or flexibility of the muscles particularly when an individual takes a bath after exercising.
- Improvement of blood circulation: Indulging in a warm shower or immersing oneself in a tubful of water can increase the flow of blood through the limbs and aids in the nourishment of the damaged cells. With the growth in circulation of blood, the blood pressure reduces, and the function of the heart is also improved.
- Reduction in blood sugar levels: Research says that people with diabetes, who regularly immerse themselves in warm water for about 20 minutes have witnessed that their blood sugar levels reduced by about 13 percent. The participants of this study had also lowered their regular insulin intake by 18 percent.
- Improvement of the immune system: Along with the warm water bath, cold showers can also proffer several benefits. A study showed that one must take a cold shower to stimulate the vascular as well as the lymphatic system for the production of more and more number of immune cells so that it can combat infections and this would reduce the probability of falling sick to a considerable extent.
- Treatment of depression: For individuals who are prone to suffer from depression, a cold shower can aid to a high degree. As a person immerses in cold water, the nervous system gets activated and increases the level of noradrenaline and beta-endorphin which is known to reduce depression. A cold shower also transmits electrical impulses from the brain which can trigger an anti-depressive effect.
- Improvement of reproductive health in males: Those individuals who are willing to improve libido must take a cold shower regularly. A recent study conducted by the Thrombosis Research Institute showed that the male reproductive hormones increased to a significant extent in those who take cold showers. On the other hand, men who take hot water showers can have lowered sperm count since the motility reduces when the testicles come in contact with hot temperature. But the normal levels are restored once the person starts taking cold showers.
- Helps in the reduction of stress: By taking a bath, one can get rid of all the tension and worries. Chromogranin and cortisol levels reduce to a significant extent in people who consistently suffer from depression and anxiety. Bathing regularly helps in removing the toxins from the body. Individuals who sweat a lot must never skip a bath. The body removes out toxins through sweat and thus, taking a shower would decrease the perspiration odour. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.