Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamala ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
Sir / Madam. My name is Arbaz. V. Khan. And I am 19 years. Sir / madam. Today m gone water park n enjoy wid friends. Bt. My both EARS. gone water inside. N. Try all the techniq to remove water from my ears. Bt. Water can not came outside. N. I. Used ear drops also. 3 types of ear drop. Sir / Madam. please give me solution. And I am not listening properly. E. G. IF I WANT WATCHING T AM NOT ABLE TO WATCH LOW VOLUME.
I am 18 year old having constipation. I am suffering from about 10 months. I have undergone colonoscopy but there was no problem in report. Now I am feeling that I can't discharge fully. So I can't even eat properly And rate of eating is also slow. What can I do to overcome that? Please help me.
I am 24 year old male I have problem off paining head after the noon every day from 2 months whats the reason off this.
I am 38 years woman and I have cough. While coughing my left side of rib gets pain. When I turns at left in bed it pains. All x-ray and ecg have done. But no problem. Please help.
Always Iam getting vomitngs during headache and pain is becoming less after vomiting what should I do?
Consuming tobacco in any form will raise blood sugar levels? , I am a Diabetic eating chain khane i.e. tobacco in fine form covered with a very thin layer of paper. And also taking tablets for sugar and eating only pulka day by day increasing my blood sugar and urine sugar levels are increasing , will it be the case of increasing levels of my blood sugar? Pls. Clarify me Doctor thanks and regards
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.