Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Kalyani C ReddyYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my gf after that she had her periods which was not as before only blood droplets. Where coming out only once an hour bt the pregnancy results were negative and now after 20 days she is feeling that something scratching inside her vagina is she pregnant.
I had my last periods on 5th of Jan 2015. I am a thyroid patient since last 4 to 5 months. Currently on Thyronorm 50 mcg. Last 3 to 4 mentural / period cycles were 21 days . current test of my thyroid is TSH - 3.17 micro IU/ ml, Free T3 - 3.98 pg/mL, Free T4 - 9.77 pg/mL, TEST DONE ON 24.01.2015 I had my pregnancy test done on 24.01,2015 which was negative. But till date i have not got my periods. Can i still have some chance that i have conceived. I was planning to conceive for the last 6 months. Requesting your advice
Hi, warm greeting! my question is that my wife is going through 33th week of pregnancy. From the very beginning of pregnancy, hb level was not adequate (max 7.6). Continuous treatment from gynae (irex, folfit, maxium d3 etc), there is no any improvement & currently hb level is reduced down to 6.6 only. (surprisingly there is no even a single symptoms/effect of deficiency seen and everything is going on normal). All the recommended blood tests (hb, cbc, hba2, pheripheral smear examination) has been done and shows only ion deficiency, but body is not responding to oral medicines. Now I have these questions: 1. Is it advisable to take irex in inject-able form? 2. If yes, when it is best time (week no.) 3. Seeing all above facts, how many chances are there to improve hb level at this stage. 4. Is it possible to reduce hb level again (after little gain with injectable irex), because still there is 1-1.5 month in edd. Please help us on these queries. Please let me know if I need to share any specific report with you. Thanks in advance.
I am 37 y old female, suffering from insomnia and depression for last 6 months. Reducing body weight rapidly. Negative thinking always arise in mind about God and going afraid and crying. Menstruation stops last 15 months. Please advise me.
For any couple, a honeymoon is a great time to bond, have some of their first memories together and to take their marriage to the next level by consummating it. This is the time many couples see and feel each other not just emotionally, but physically as well that is in a sexual manner. While it can be exhilarating, a lack of knowledge can actually be nerve wracking and the first time expectation and anxiety may ruin your experience. You can even go for a honeymoon package. Here are a few tips to help you handle your honeymoon smoothly.
Sex tip for first timers
As is the case with many couples, the honeymoon may be the first night time two people consummate or have sex with each other or has sex altogether for the first time. Some of the important things you need to remember before having sex for the first time is mentioned below
- Don’t have high expectations: Remember, it may be the first time when you and your partner are getting intimate and thus, some inhibitions are bound to come up. Think of this first time as a foray into something new rather than expecting to have great sex from the get go. Also, don’t pressure each other into being able to do certain things as it will make things awkward. Think of it as a first time experience and let the things come with the flow as they should.
- Go slow and experience the whole process rather than quickly getting into penetration: Always remember, sex is much more than just penile-vaginal intercourse and is the whole act of caressing, kissing, foreplay, build up, dirty talk and even the cuddling together afterwards. Go slowly and feel each other and let the tension build. Many couples make the mistake of trying to get straight into sex in excitement and thus miss out on a lot of slow sensual fun.
- Foreplay is the king: Women, more than men tend to get excited slower and thus foreplay is really important to them. As a man you need to be able to arouse your partner to a point where she is lubricated enough for insertion. First timers make this mistake a little too often. This is especially true during the honeymoon if the woman is experiencing sex for the first time. Thus the male partner should concentrate on foreplay to arouse the woman which will help in having a better experience during sex. Some of the same things mentioned here are applicable for men as well.
- Sensual kissing on the body, neck and cheeks
- Nibbling on the neck
- Playing with the breasts and then licking the nipples
- Kissing the belly and naval area
- Playing, caressing, kissing and nibbling the thighs
- Playing and caressing her back and buttocks
- Giving oral stimulation
- Vaginal Insertion: Both the partners should ensure that the woman is lubricated enough for insertion. If she isn’t then either more foreplay is required or you may need to use lubricants. Once penetration has taken place, go slowly with the thrusts and if anyone feels uncomfortable when it becomes harder and faster, stop and wait for a moment to re-adjust. Coming to orgasm isn’t the only end goal and thus pay attention to the experience as well.
Things to help you out
Although you may be on your honeymoon and in a monogamous relationship with your significant other, you still need to take some precautions for the best interest of both the partners. Some of these are mentioned below
- Use a condom to stop unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections. Also condoms help in delaying orgasm thus extending pleasure for both men and women.
- Lubes are your best friend as they help the women become wetter and also help in penetration as well as thrusting. However use water based lubricants as they have the lowest risk of allergic reactions.
- You can use natural aphrodisiacs such as avocados, chocolates, honey and oysters which can boost your libido. Stay away from alcohol and smoking as it impairs sexual performance and ability.
Some things to remember
- Anxiety about body or performance: For all men and women, especially first timers, sex can cause performance anxiety as well as shyness and aversion. This is due to self-consciousness arising out of body image issues. You should remember that the person opposite to you is there for the long run and thus wont judge you for what you are. Learn to love your body without being too judgemental about it. Also don’t judge your partner for their flaws as it will only hurt them and cause further aversion.
- Remember, this is real life not porn: Men, more than women tend to have their first glimpse and understanding about sex by watching pornography. This desensitizes them and makes them think that real sex should be performed in that manner. Porn is made for visual pleasure only. It doesn’t reflect how people can have great sex in real life within a monogamous relationship. Great sex between you and your partner will be unique and hence don’t try to copy or emulate pornography as it will only end in disappointment.
- Before honeymoon: Talk to your partner before honeymoon and raise the topic about sex. It can be a great tool for arousal, developing attraction as well as for breaking down inhibitions and barriers. Know what both of you may be comfortable with, willing to try certain fantasies of the other partners and what you would absolutely not be into. Setting these boundaries will help you get a realistic perspective of the sexual chemistry between you and your partner.
Following the tips mentioned above will help you have great and mutually pleasurable, satisfying sex. Preparation and understanding beforehand will help you add a spark to your honeymoon which may then continue to light the fires of passion for a long time in your marital life.
I have pcos. i am on weight loss session. Lost 5 kg. But still my menses are not regular. What should I do to get my menses on time. I have already taken ocs for 6 months.
Hello, We are trying for baby. My wife's vagina remains dry. Hence doctor has advised to use conceive Gel from Vivo lifesciences. Is this gel sperm friendly or fertility friendly? Regards.
My scan report told that diameter of renal pelvis 7-8 mm in 5th month of pregnancy? What is the meaning of that? Any problem? Will it solve in 7th month pregnancy.
Dear Sir I had 3 miscarriages last was in April 2016. Now I completed triquilar course for 2 months. Now can I go for pregnancy or (rubella.
We were blessed with a baby in the month of November 2016, but till today stomach of my wife has not regained it's shape as it was before pregnancy. The stomach still looks like a five months pregnant lady. Kindly suggest some measures.
Hello sir/madam mere wife pregnant ha. Unko bhut zayda ultiya ho rahi ha and ji bi Michal RHA h abhi unko 1st month h please help me.
I'm 32 years, I had my last periods on 18th march 2016, I did my pregnancy blood test on 25th April 2016 my serum beta hcg level was 200.5 and on 27th April 2016 it was 334.4. Is it normal? I've had a ultrasound sonography 6 months back and had a small polyps in mid body of the uterus measuring 7 * 4 mm, will it affect my pregnancy. Currently I'm taking folic acid and progesterone susten 200 tablets, pls advice.
I am 31 years female with primary infertility I will be having pinning and prickling sensation over right side of lower abdomen ie near ovary region and also will be having severe breast pains if these pains are there I will get periods I don't know what to do and why these are coming. One more thing is when female conceived she will not have breast pains and stomach pain? Pls help me.
I am 52 years of ole female. Undergone a surgery two years back My uterus and and ovaries are removed I found dark patches on my left cheek How to remove black patches on the cheeks.
Contrary to popular belief, women too have Adam’s apple. However, it is not developed enough to be prominently visible. The Adam’s apple is said to get its name from the Biblical event where Adam ate a bite of the forbidden apple in the Garden of Eden, which later got stuck in his throat. However, the development of Adam’s apple has a more scientific reasoning behind it.
The development of Adam’s apple is part of the changes a boy’s body goes through during puberty. The Adam’s apple refers to the protrusion of thyroid cartilage in front of the larynx or the voice box. It sits just above the thyroid gland and is officially known as a laryngeal prominence. The Adam’s apple is most prominently visible when looking at a man’s side profile.
During puberty, testosterone is produced in large amounts. This causes a boy’s larynges to expand thereby, lowering and deepening the male voice. As the larynx gets bigger the angle at which the right and left thyroid cartilage meets each other becomes more acute thereby, accentuating the Adam’s apple. For most men, these cartilage meet at a 90-degree angle making it prominently visible.
A woman’s larynx also grows during puberty, but not as much as men. For this reason, women have a higher pitched voice than men. Hence the angle between the right and left thyroid cartilage covering a woman’s larynx is usually around 120 degrees. Thus, it is usually not visible to the naked eye, but may be felt during a physical examination.
However, some women do have a larger voice box and hence a pronounced Adam’s apple. This does not have any serious health implications and could be because of a number of reasons including genetic factors or hormonal imbalances. In such cases, they may choose to get it surgically removed. This is because the presence of Adam’s apple is seen as a male characteristic and can have an adverse effect on a woman’s self-confidence. In many cases, men may also choose to have the size of their Adam’s apple reduced through surgery.
The Adam’s apple does not have a noticeable purpose. On the other hand, it can be a cause of concern for men trying to keep a secret as it may jump up and down when nervous. For many men, this bobbing of Adam’s apple is a giveaway when they tell a lie.