Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my breast. I have self examined there r no lumps as such but having pain all over the two breasts.
I am 23 years old, 4 years back I got married but still pregnancy not yet come. 2 times PCOD and 1 time UTI was came. I consult gynaecologist, they suggest Tab. Ovabless for PCOD and Nerri Syp for UTI, now taking. They advised tablets for taking 3 months. I want to get pregnancy, what can I do please tell me.
I am suffering from ringworm like disease, treatment is going on but it keeps coming again and again? What should I do.
Hello mam im 20 week pregnant. I hd a open surgery of fibroid at june 2015 so I want to know that possible to hv normal delivery?
Menopause is never an easy time in a woman’s life. Between all the hormonal changes and everything else, things can get more than a little tough to deal with. In fact, doctors prescribe medicines which are full of chemicals and are not of much help. So, why not try homeopathy?
When a woman is going through menopause, the symptoms expected can vary, but generally include depression which is coupled with mood swings along with some anxiety and weight gain. In addition to these symptoms, there may be a loss of libido, and this can really drive a wedge in the intimacy of the woman’s relationship with her partner. Now, all these symptoms may affect a woman, but at the same time it does not necessarily mean that a woman’s life is affected to a large extent on account of menopause.
When it comes to solutions then certainly, homeopathy has for the symptoms of menopause, it is to be noted that they are free from any untoward side effects. If a woman going through menopause is suffering from depression, the homeopathic medicine ignatia is most likely to be recommended. Not only is depression reduced but the swings or the volatility in the mood of a woman is also brought under control to a large extent. However, it is best to consult a specialized homeopath regarding this.
Due to bodily changes which occur around this time, many women who are menopausal end up going through a period of weight gain. Gaining excess weight may cause loss of self-image and low self-confidence. Graphites are the answer homeopathy has to address an issue such as this one.
Sepia is a medicine which can help in battling the irritability a woman may be prone to during the menopause period. The effects of this all natural medicine are pretty great! Another medicine which is known as a result of its super beneficial impact is calcarea carb. This is of great use when a menopausal woman has osteoporosis as well. It must be kept in mind that menopause can lead to other conditions as well.
Thanx sir sir agr pregnancy hoti to wo ultrasound aur digital xray m to dikh jata naa to kya wo pregnant nhi hai naa sir I am really confused plss help me sir.
I have continuous pain in my left breast but pain is very light. But when I breath deeply at exercise time so pain is very fast it happens from 10 days.
The mosquito may seem a very small creature, but can be deadly as they spread quite a few severe infections, with chikungunya being one of them. The disease got its name from an African language, which means to walk bent over.
Chikungunya is a viral disease that is carried by specific varieties of infected mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus). It was originally confused for dengue, which is another mosquito-transmitted infection, but then called out as a separate disease. Both diseases start off with non-diagnostic symptoms including fever, rashes, fatigue, anaemia and headache. Dengue could be distinguished by the lowered platelet count, while the persistent joint pains and eye pain could be the distinguishing factor for the chikungunya.
The mosquito is the vector, which picks up the virus from one infected person and spreads it to another person. The virus does not spread directly from one person to the other. Once it reaches the blood stream, it multiplies in the body, and over a period of 1 to 12 days, the symptoms begin to appear.
Symptoms: The symptoms of chikungunya are listed below, which reflect the effects on the body.
The symptoms are generally nondiagnostic and generic including fever, rashes, joint pain, muscle aches, eye pain, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, headaches, nausea and vomiting. The eye pain which occurs behind the eyes and the joint pains are the indicative symptoms, which point to chikungunya. In fact, the joint pains make the patient assume a stooped posture, and that is where the name chikungunya was originally derived from.
Most of the above symptoms subside over a period of 10 to 15 days but the joint pain continues. In fact, in many, it can continue to exist for months and even years and eventually develop into rheumatoid arthritis.
Though chikungunya is not a fatal disease by itself, it can produce long-term symptoms which can be severely disabling and affect the quality of life.
Anybody who is bitten by the infected mosquito can develop the disease, but there are some groups of people at a higher risk. These include newborns, the elderly people, and people with chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and chronic heart disease.
However, once infected, the person develops immunity and future infections do not happen unless their immunity is severely compromised.
Treatment: There is no specific treatment, and symptom relief is provided through rest, hydration, pain killers for joint and muscle, antipyretics for fever, and avoiding aspirin.
While there is no vaccine for chikungunya, preventing exposure to mosquito bites when you are travelling and preventing mosquito breeding and reducing exposure to mosquitoes by using repellents and nets are advisable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
She is having her foots always burning they are too hot we have consulted many doctors about that but there is no solution yet.
I do not get periods from last two months my last periods come on april 20 nd I checked with prega news three times but the results are negative nd from last wednesday night to saturday evening I tale norlut -n tablets thrice a day and now when I get the periods please tell or help me how I get the periods.
I am 25 year old unmarried suffering from pcos and kidney stones together along with weight gain of a 30kgs in past 3 yrs, I m very depressed and crazy now. What can help in curing me fast.
Hi.. My age is 22 and my marriage is 25th May 2014. Iam not getting pregnant and I want to know the reason. Please help me hw I will get pregnant. Please solve my problem pls. than Sir/madam.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Help me to get rid of my acne problems including dark spots and scars .i do have severe hair loss .will it be a symptom of pcod.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
Intra Uterine Insemination is the process where artificial insemination of prepared sperm of husband / donor is done in the uterine cavity for conception in a planned cycle at the time of planned ovulation.
It is done in cases where the tubes are functional as well as patent . This can be performed in a natural cycle or with artificial hormone stimulation.
- If the couple is diagnosed with unexplained infertility, cervical mucus problems, minor sperm abnormalities or other male disorders.It is also a cheaper solution for azoospermic males who cannot afford ICSI with TESA . They can have artificial insemination with donor semen.