Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.
Hi I'm 21 years old. I have severe head ache for last 1 month. I am not able to concentrate in my work. Please suggest something to resolve this problem.
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have hairfall last 6 years. Dandruff ,skin infection on scalp, baldness, hair thinning. I just starting using himalaya hairzone solution daily so plzz suggest me vitamin ayurvedic himalaya tablet with this solution.
Muscle pain due to too much houseworks. Right hand can't lift up and move freely. Can't do heavy works any more. Got 3 highs, cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure. Also got some gastric problem. Love spicy food and a bit salty food. Female, 48 years old. Kuala Lumpur.
Basics to help choose a sunscreen: choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 or more with PA rating +++ or more. Lotions for dry or normal skin, gels for oily or combination skin. Look for words like broad spectrum, non comedogenic. Do reapply every 2-3 hours if out in sun. Also combine it with hats, umbrellas, sunglasses or scarves. They offer very valuable sun protection!
I am 18 years old, generally I ll go to bed late nights and wake up late in mornings. There isn't any particular timings I follow to sleep. Does this effect my activeness in remaining time of my day? I want to stick with perfect sleep timings. IF I make a habit now does this disturb my internal clock cycle? Suggest me the best way to rest my biological cycle.
Every couple of weeks I get rashes on my penis. It overcomes by itself by a week or two. By simple keeping it dry n regular washes.
Dear sir My aunt is 40 years old and she is facing a problem his one side face is totally shivering like a paralysis patient near eyes and lips and after this she get totally weak and it happen maximum time it may happen 1 time or 3 time in a day and we consult a doctor in rajasthan jaipur nd she take some medicine but no result and the doctor said that she had a blockage in brain and another doctor said it is face paralysis so sir please help me and before this she was facing a problem in breathing due to cold and she took some medicine also then after taking medicine she is having the problem till now and another disease took place.
Sir mai 16 saal ki umer SE masturbation kartha tha meri seman baht patli hai pani ki traha mai kai dawai khai kuch asar nahi howa jabhi dawai khata ho oltha aur dhaat patli hoti hai meri Ayurveda Homopatic ki dawaiya kha chuka ho kuch asar nahi howa aur motion karte same 2 ya 3khatre seman nikalti hai sir may ne 8 saal masturbation kiya hai mager ab 2 saal SE sob chod chuka ho dawai khara 2 saal SE kuch asar nahi howa ab may kiya karu sir ap batye thik tareke SE mere ling tahrta bhi nahi.
I am suffering from bell's palsy from 2 days. I am also taking treatment of allopathy. Should l take help of physiotherapy? What can I do prevent my eye from dryness? How much time it take to be normal.
Hai I am 28 years old. When ever I sleep in bed at everyday night. I feel Like my body is always itching. May I know what is the reason?
I have fever and cough for more than 6 days and I tried my family doc prescribed medicines also but it doesn't worked it out so what should I do now..
I am 20 years young man I am suffering with acidity liberate doctor said to me take banana it will cure but it is not digest please give me useful tip to me.
Every year November & December month I am getting cough and it stays for a month. I use to take a syrup in this time. Why it is happening? What to do for permanent solution?
I have fallen down from bike. I got wounded in my left leg. I have sprain in the ankle. How to reduce the pain. Which tablet have to take for pain. I can't put the leg down. I can't even walk a single step. No fracture in my leg.
The health benefits of honey and cinnamon include its ability to promote a stronger immune system, digestive system, increase the health of the heart, bones, skin, teeth, and hair, as well as stimulate weight loss. It also helps in relief from itching, and the improvement of arthritis symptoms.