Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Y Vijayakumar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K Y VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
There are a lot of health conditions people do not want to talk about publicly, as they find it shameful or fear it can point questions at them. However, not talking about them leads to many myths and misconceptions, which hold no truth.
Of these, common is Erectile Dysfunction in men. Most men, at some point of time, experience Erectile Dysfunction. Erectile Dysfunction is a condition, whereby the person concerned is unable to get an erection. Even if he gets one, he fails to keep it. Erectile Dysfunction often goes untreated because most men find the condition embarrassing enough to be discussed. This lack of awareness has given rise to many unreasonable and illogical myths and misconceptions.
Myths and misconceptions about ED that needs to be busted:
Erectile Dysfunction is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, timely medication can greatly improve the condition. For proper awareness, it is necessary to get the facts right.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction is nothing serious, self-medication will help
- Fact: Really? Your grey matter must be working overtime to bless you with such amazing ideas. Erectile Dysfunction, at times, can be an indication of something as big and serious as Diabetes, Parkinson's disease, Hypertension or Atherosclerosis. Reason enough to shed your inhibitions and consult a physician at the earliest.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction is an old age problem
- Fact: These illogical misconceptions will do you no good. Get this baseless myth out of your system. Though Erectile Dysfunction is common amongst the older folks, the younger lot are not spared either.
Erectile Dysfunction can affect men of all age groups.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction can be due to a cold partner, who fails to attract and excite you
- Fact: Lack of interest in your partner seldom results in Erectile Dysfunction. There can be many underlying factors that can interfere with the erection. Certain medications, depression, obesity or lifestyle habits (smoking and street drug abuse) can affect one's performance greatly.
- Myth: Any erection problem is Erection Dysfunction
- Fact: This myth is as absurd and irrational as the saying; all tumors are benign. Before drawing any conclusion, it is important to get to the root cause. A person going through an intense emotional turmoil or stress might not get an erection. There will be days when a man will not be able to keep an erection. There is nothing to raise a hue and cry over it. It is just a phase and will pass off soon.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction results in low or no libido at all
- Fact: In males, low libido often results from a significant drop in the testosterone level. It is an outcome of the hormonal changes taking place within the body. Erectile Dysfunction has little to do with low libido.
I'm 25 years old and I'm suffering of headache since last 6 months. It happens every alternate day or after 2 or 3 days. Please suggest me what should I do?
Without any reason ill get fear, ill start to feel my heart beats which make me feel very uncomfortable, for a month ago I started to study for exams and I use to study at night skipping sleep, what is this why im feeling panic and I did my ECG it showed sinus tachycardia so please help im feeling very worse. I want to get rid of this permanently.
Doctor I am having issues while I do sex with girlfriend. Poor strength n cums fast. Any suggestion to get problem my solved. I was masturbating since 7th STD, nowadays 4 times a week.
I am 33 years old man. I am suffering constipation from last five years. I have been consulted many doctors but no result gain.
Hi. I am pregnant. I had undergone a blood and urine test today for sugar level (gestational diabetes may be) and thyroid. After having a glass of glucose sugar level measured 248. am I diabetic? Thyroid measured 8.5 .am I at risk? If yes please guide me, how to avoid these circumstances, what are the precautions to be taken. Please help.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
I am 23 years female I have severe headache and I apply more bombs but could not recover say me some other way to recover my headache sir.
A normal healthy love life is as important as having a healthy body and mind. However, many men tend to have problems in maintaining a healthy love life due to the problem of impotence. A man is diagnosed as impotent when he experiences serious trouble getting an erection despite arousal or maintaining it during sexual intercourse.
Physical and mental impact
If the erectile dysfunction becomes a regular phenomenon, it can severely affect the person’s relationship status, not to mention his self esteem. Sometimes, impotence might be an indication of a serious underlying condition.
You might be suffering from male impotence if:
1. You are experiencing recurrent and significant trouble in order to get and subsequently maintain an erection.
2. You are suffering from a low sex drive for a long amount of time.
3. A combination of the both.
Either way, a consultation with the sexologist might help to cure male impotence through a prescribed dosage of medications. In extreme cases, the doctor might prescribe an artificial replacement of testosterone within the body or even a surgery in order to normalize things. If male impotence occurs due to psychological factors, sessions of counseling might help to improve the condition. If diagnosed and treated efficiently, male impotence is an easily curable condition.
Male impotence or erectile dysfunction might occur due to numerous physical or psychological factors. Some of the causes of erectile dysfunction are as follows:
Under lying health issues, if you are suffering from major health disorders you may suffer from erectile dysfunction. Some of these could be
Medication and treatments: Erectile dysfunction might occur due to the side effects of certain medications such as chemotherapy and blood pressure medications.
- Excessive alcohol consumption, tobacco usage or drug abuse: These elements put many harmful elements within your body and may result in prostate cancer or surgery within the pelvic area. If anyone has recently undergone surgery to treat prostate cancer or other problems of the pelvic area, it may cause impotence as well.
- Psychological trauma: Since the brain is one of the most important agents responsible for erections, any form of psychological trauma, anxiety or stress might trigger a dysfunction in the process as well.