Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. K VasanthiYour feedback matters!
Hii. Dr. last month I came to knw tht I m suffering from pcod. 3yrs has been past to my marriage bt I don't hv any baby. please tell me wht should I do nw to get pregnant should I try ayurvedic or homeopathic treatment. Or something else nd wht should I eat or do to get rid of pcod.
Hi, I get delayed periods. Last time, it was after 3months. Did my thyroid test. It's normal. Did my pelvic scan. It's also normal. Even by hemoglobin is 10.5. What could be the reason. Even now, 40 days has passed. But no symptoms of periods. I'm unmarried girl at 28 years of age.
I am 33 years old, I want to know that if I am not using condom and taking Viagra while having sex with my pregnant wife. Are there any chances of side effects to my wife.
Hi I'm 21 yr old girl.I work in night shifts from about 6 months and I have been putting on weight for no reason.From about 8 to 9 months.And I have been missing my regular menstruation every month I got a check up done doc recommended for thyroid test it was all clear I had no thyroid but I dont have bad eating habits I don't drink ot smoke and I feel really weak all the time.I sweat a lot suddenly mainly in my palms and my face n start shaking from inside and I feel giddy as well.What might be the reason for this and what is the cure?
Me and my husband doing sex everyday for pregnant last 8 month onwards. Til now I didn't get pregnant. Any solution for that. What will be the common problem?
I eat my husband sperm after sex. Should I get pregnant. And during sex my husband drink my vagina water flow during sex is this dangerous for him.
It is good to perform yoga at any time of the day but expecially so in the morning because
1. It busts tension
2. Builds focus
3. Regulates sleep
4. The day is calmer
5. Increases work production
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.
Hello sir/ mam, actually am facing periods problem. I am having hypo thyroid and pcod problem as well. Please suggest med wat to do in this condition. I got my last period on 2nd may and I had bleeding fr only one day still am feeling the same stomach and back pain.
The general wisdom for many years was that all fat should be avoided.
Trans fat, saturated fat, unsaturated fat just stay away from them all. But now scientists realize that fat and how our bodies process it is much more complex.
Our bodies need some fat for optimal functioning. But we need the right kinds of fat, and we need to practice moderation. Some fats are actually good for you, and others should be avoided at all costs. How do you know which is which?
Fats: the good, the bad, the ugly
Mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are" good fats" and that saturated fats can be consumed in moderation.
Trans fats, however, should be avoided altogether, adds schmitt, explaining that trans fats are dangerous because they raise cholesterol levels. High levels of certain kinds of cholesterol, in particular low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol (the so-called" bad cholesterol") increase your risk for heart disease and other health conditions, including stroke. So how do we know which foods contain which fats" fats that are liquid at room temperature, like olive oils, are a better choice than foods that are semi-solid, like butter or margarine" the following tips will help you choose a diet rich in mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and low in trans fat.
Mono-unsaturated fat (unsaturated fat): good sources of mono-unsaturated fat are canola and olive oils, most nuts, and avocados.
Tip: spread avocado on a bagel instead of cream cheese. Use olive oil and garlic instead of whole milk and butter for a flavorful twist on mashed potatoes.
Poly-unsaturated fat (unsaturated fat): there are two types of poly-unsaturated fat, omega-6 and omega-3 fats. Get plenty of omega-6 fats in their diet from vegetable oils, primary concern is omega-3 fats. Good sources of omega-3 fats are fish (salmon and tuna), flaxseed, and walnuts.
Tip: snack on a handful of walnuts, or add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your morning oatmeal or cereal. You can also add ground flaxseed when you are baking cookies or muffins for an omega boost.
Saturated fat: red meat, fatty meats like salami, dairy products such as cream and butter, and thicker vegetable oils like coconut, palm, and kernel oil are sources of saturated fats.
Tip: enjoy a steak now and then, but try to limit saturated fats to 10 percent of your diet, at the most.
Trans fat: made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil, a process designed to extend the shelf life of packaged goods, trans fat is found in a wide range of packaged and processed foods, including bakery items, cookies, and crackers.
Tip: current food and drug administration guidelines allow manufacturers to say that their product is" trans fat free" if it contains less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving. Check the labels of processed food for" hydrogenated" or" partially hydrogenated" oils in the ingredients. These words signal that product may have up to 0.5 grams per serving. Eat a few servings, and this starts to add up.
The bottom line? be an educated shopper: know what to look for and the potential pitfalls. Try to do the majority of your shopping on the perimeter of the grocery store, limiting your trips down the inside aisles where most of the trans fat culprits reside. On the perimeter, you can focus on fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, lean cuts of meat and fish, and whole grains fresh from the bakery. Add a little olive oil, and you'll really be cooking!
-skin red, swollen, and dotted with pus-filled bumps.
-bumps usually appear only on the palms and soles.
-soreness and pain where the bumps appear.
-pus-filled bumps will dry, and leave behind brown dots and/or scale on the skin.
When pus-filled bumps cover the body, the person also may have:
-been feeling sick and exhausted.
-loss of appetite.
Hi, Me and my husband were just fooling around n performed oral o each other he didn't penetrated inside me just fingered on 7th march n my period should come by 8th march as last month I got it on 12 feb n to be double sure I ate ipill after 55 hours of the act ie yesterday evening. Still today i. E 10 I didn't got my periods. What can be the reason can this delay be because of pill if yes then by what day will I get my periods? Please help m worried! Thank you.
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
Me and my wife tried to have a baby after her periods. And we did it for one to eighth day, but she couldn't be pregnant. The same previous month. Should we go for test?
A miscarriage is generally characterized by the loss of a fetus before the passage of around one forty days of pregnancy. In medical terminology, a miscarriage is usually referred to as a spontaneous abortion, precisely because it happens spontaneously. According to studies, about 50% of all pregnancies end up in miscarriages and around 80% of miscarriages occur within the first three months of pregnancy. If they happen to occur after the passage of twenty weeks of gestation, they are normally termed as late miscarriages.
The most common cause of miscarriages is primarily due to the presence of some fatal or critical genetic problem in the unborn baby, which may or may not be in any way related to the mother. Apart from this, there is a host of other causes which are held responsible for miscarriages. These may include:
- Cervical insufficiency (weakness of the cervix)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Physical problems in the mother
- Medical problems in the mother
- Immune system responses
- Uterine abnormalities
Here are a few indicators of a miscarriage:
- Bleeding (which can vary from light to heavy bleeding)
- Abdominal pain
- Severe cramps
- Back pain
- Treatment of miscarriages normally involves three steps - a pelvic exam, an ultrasound test and blood tests to confirm whether or not it is a miscarriage.
- If the miscarriage is complete and yet the uterus is still not emptied of its contents, then it may be necessary for you to undergo a dilation and curettage operation.
- If you have gone through multiple miscarriages in the past, then the treatment will probably involve a pelvic ultrasound, a hysterosalpingogram or a hysteroscopy.