Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Vasanthi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K VasanthiYour feedback matters!
I want to do my vagina tighten what should I do and how much it will cost and for how many days rest is required? What are the risks? Kindly guide.
My wife is 3 months pregnant. Her diet is normal. During morning time she feels energetic but after rest in afternoon too she feels fatigued in evening. What can be the reason and what can be done to avoid the same?
I had 2 misoprostol yesterday at 7.15 but no bleeding till now what to do should take the other one now are 24 hrs later.
Hello doctor. Pls give an advice of conceiving a boy child. At what time of intercourse will it happen?
Depression is typically characterized by hopelessness, sadness, demotivation, an indifference about life, and feeling discouraged. This is how depression is known to most people. Depression can manifest itself in various ways and in a surprising manner. Some of the symptoms of depression are more easy to recognize than others.
Depression and Its Consequences
Major depressive dysfunction is commonly referred to as “depression.” It’s a condition that causes a person to experience a depressed mood, lack of enjoyment in everyday life, or in some cases, both. Everyone experiences slump from time to time, but depression lasts longer. Some of the indications of depression include:
- Low energy levels
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Weight loss or gain
- Feelings of sadness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Another indication correlated with depression is a change in sex drive.
Despite social stigma, depression is a pervasive state of illness. Chronic depression can affect every part of one’s daily life, and the activity of sexual intercourse is included. Depression tends to curb sex drive. Sexual intercourse can boost the mood and is essential for relationships however during the low phase; some depression medicines can control one's libido. Both women and men can face difficulties with inducting and experiencing sex due to depression. Still, there are some differences in the ways depression affects women and men.
Depression can affect one’s sex life
Depression stems from a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that shortcoming can cause interference with a person's ability to enjoy sex or perform sexually. Often couples go through separation in extreme cases that stems from depression affecting their conjugal relationship. Depression has been linked to:
- A decrease in libido - According to research more than two-thirds of respondents reported a loss of interest in sex. There will be a decrease in their libido as their depression will grow more severe.
- Erectile dysfunction - Anxiety and Depression are driving emotional factors preventing a man's experience to have and maintain an erection.
- Inability to enjoy sex - Depression can limit or eliminate the pleasure drawn from sex.
- Loss of interest - A general loss of interest in sex is the most common sign that depression is affecting one's sex life.
- Other problems – These issues include, lowered sexual performance, having trouble getting sexually aroused, premature ejaculation, and not being able to reach orgasm during intercourse.
If one is depressed, one may feel like one doesn’t have enough energy for sex. Since depression can also cause a person to enjoy activities less, he/she may find that sex is not enjoyable as it used to be, and such a thought might give a sense of low self-esteem hampering the person’s personality and self-respect in a relationship. The process can also work in reverse. It’s possible for a low libido to trigger feelings of depression.
Hence, if you have been experiencing a unusually low libido, it is time you seek a doctor’s advice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I have been in copper T for last 2 years and I removed 15 days B4 for reason of family planning. Due to certain reason I postponed my operation and recently I have been inserted new copper T. I have severe bleeding again within ten days gap of periods. Is it normal?
Hello doctor my age is 26 and my breast is too much heavy and it looks too bad and am also uncomfortable, dresses also looks bad. And shoulder pain, and also problem in breath sometimes, please suggest something for reducing breast,
Ever been in a situation where a medicine you used to take regularly to deal with something, suddenly stopped being effective? This is because of antibiotic resistance. This refers to the ability of bacteria to change their structure so as to resist the antibiotic. Thus an illness that was once easy treatable is no longer effected by the same medicines and the bacteria causing the infection multiply thus worsening the condition.
How do bacteria turn antibiotic resistant?
When you take a drug, not all the bacteria are affected equally. While some bacteria die out, others turn dormant. Repeated and improper use of antibiotics can lead to these dormant bacteria multiplying and spreading the disease instead of containing it. One of the main causes of this is using strong antibiotics to treat minor viral illnesses.
What can you do to fight antibiotic resistance?
- Follow your prescription: When taking a course of antibiotics it is also essential to complete the course and not leave it midway just because you are feeling better. Antibiotics are also most effective when taken regularly. Hence avoid skipping a dose in your treatment. Doing this does not completely cure the infection but increases the bacteria's resistance to the drug.
- Do not take someone else's medicine: Self medicating can do more harm than good. Each drug attacks a particular combination of symptoms. Taking medication prescribed for someone else can increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics. It can also delay correct treatment thus allowing your condition to worsen.
- Discard leftover medication: When stored for long periods of time, medicines lose their potency. Thus if you were to take them later, they would be less naturally less effective against the bacteria.
- Do not take antibiotics for a viral infection: In any case, antibiotics to not address viruses and hence the medicine will not have a beneficial effect on the virus. However, it can affect the bacteria present in your body making it resistant to the drug.
- Do not use antibiotics for an extended duration: Antibiotic use such as treatment for acne can contribute to antibiotic resistance. If you must take any such medication, ensure that you are being cared for by a healthcare professional. Most doctors will suggest giving your body breaks between antibiotic courses when it comes to long term medication.
- Try natural remedies: Many common bacterial infections can be successfully treated naturally in the early stages. Aloe vera, turmeric, garlic and tea tree oil are some natural cures for a range of bacterial infections. The biggest advantage of these natural cures is their lack of side effects. However, if your condition is not improved with natural remedies, consult a doctor for stronger medications before your situation gets worse.
Any kind of dysfunction points to the issues experienced during any stage of the cycle of physical issue that prevents the participants from experiencing any kind of satisfaction from the intimate activities. Though the researches imply that sexual problems are common all across the globe; 43% of women along with 31% of men are affected by some sort of dysfunction; however, it is something that most people are hesitant to talk about. But thankfully enough, most cases of sexual problems can be effectively treated, and can be prevented from occurring again, by sharing your concerns with a qualified doctor. You should consider visiting the doctor along with your partner.
What leads to sexual problems?
Sexual problems can be caused either due to physical or psychological reasons. Many medications and clinical conditions can cause a variety of sexual dysfunctions, and these physical conditions include heart and vascular disease, high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure, any kind of neurological disorder, chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and lungs, and hormonal imbalances. In addition to this, the side effects stemming from any medicine, including antidepressant drugs, can cast a harmful impact on the sexual desire and its normal functioning. On the other hand, psychological causes refer to the stress caused due to work pressures, anxiety, depression, excessive concern about sexual performance, feelings of guilt, and relationship problems.
What are the common sexual problems?
What leads to sexual problems can cause a wide variety of issues in both men and women. While erectile dysfunction is most commonly found in men, vaginal dryness is the most common issue in women. Sexual dysfunction can take a variety of forms, and it is not plainly confined to the dysfunction or simple disinterest in sex, which is commonly termed as lack of sex drive. It can also involve pain while having sex or an inability to maintain the erection or experiencing pain while getting an orgasm. There are some people who experience excruciating pain during intercourse, which is often accompanied with a burning sensation.
All couples have the right to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life, which can be considered a crucial aspect of any relationship. So, if you are having any kind of difficulty that is interrupting your lovemaking, it is imperative to speak with your doctor to get the right diagnosis, and discuss openly with your partner to find out the ideal solution of your sexual problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.