Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. K V ManjunathYour feedback matters!
My wife feeling pain from shoulder to back side of head and entire spinal cord long time. Her d3 lavel 19.20, which is below then normal. Calcium lavel also low, balance entire blood reports are good. Her age is 40 years. What I can do?
Hi I am 35 years old woman. I am having problem of chest pain. I do MRI lipid profile BNP test every thing is normal. But my chest is paining and from last week my left hand and leg also paining. I want to know that if every report is normal so can I have heart problems if all test is normal.
My daughter 5 years old fell from bed while sleeping. Having injury bump on the head. It is past 3 days. Looks like blood clot in the black color. Still not recovered to normal skin. What to do?
I'M 28 years old female suffering from back pain. As doctors advice I did MRI n report was lumbosacral spine shows mild disc bulge at L4_L5, n frm my blood test its shows that I have vitamin D3 insufficiency. Dr. Advice me to wear Lumbosacral belt n to avoid physical activities, floor activities n sometimes it may lead my condition bad. My question Dr. Is it can't b cured ? Avoid physical activities, that shall I have to avoid sex also ? N most important thing Dr. Pls tell I can't b pregnant. I can't give birth to a child ? Husband is thinking that due to this my pregnancy will get complicated. Dr. for vit d3 insufficiency which kind of food I have to take n can you pls tell me the back strengthening exercises n wat I hav to do to reduce the pain in back. N doctor can you pls tell me the side effects of wearing lumbosacral belt is it not good ,pls tell.
ACL tear of right leg knee due to sports injury. Need acl reconstruction. Pls. Let me know the cost. Thanks Mortoza.
My ankle was hurt bad once while playing football and after that every time I play it hurts if I kick, please help.
My mum is suffering with rheumatid arthritis from last 3 months and she is taking treatment but not improving. So what should I do now ?
I am aged about 66 yrs. I got pain on my left hand near shoulder joint and near elbow joint. Also getting pain when I press my thump. I need remedy please suggest.
When I do running then after few days pain start in front part of leg (below knee). I tried to continue but couldn't. I took a break n again started running but after few days pain rose again. What should I do please help.
Hello sir, i' m 27 old every week once I have a pain in the 5th to 10 rib of the bone. And am not sure the exact position. When I walk the pain increases 30%. For idly sitting I don' t have any pain. These pain causes for last 2 months. Every week. Twice or once. Why this pain occur? what is the solution for that? please send me the detail prescription to my mail id.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of disc in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing: