Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. K.V. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 21 years female. Day before yesterday midnight I had pain in upper back. I thought it to be acidity ate well took gelusil and also pan 40 before food. Stil pain persist, I am not able to sit, sleep.Is it acidity or back pain? What tablet to prefer?
I am 23 years old female. I am suffering back pain from last one year. Its like burning sensation at end of back. Above hip. Xray showed nothing. Let me know wat to do.
I am fall down during play foot ball before 6 months thats cause in my right knee feel pain. I consult doctor and x ray it any bone is not break. But pain is not going please advice me.
I have neck pain in last 3 months, I am 35 years old , have if got any relief, what should I do now?
I am 24 years old when am used to write continually for 2 to 5 hours my right shoulder is very painful I won't use any medicine what should I have to do now?
Before 6 months I was sexually very active when I was 49 in weight and I have 8inch dick and now I was 61 weight and my sex urge was not high and it was gone down and my size has gone down to 6" inch. I'm so worried can I get back my monster back with doing any workouts like gym or any diet.
I was suffering from chicken gunya and now a days joint pain and chest is paining so much even my thighs are paining.
I am 30 year old, I have leg pain now a days. What reason for this problem and i'm drive of car vehicle due this it may affect my body. Please tell the reason.
Sir my father's shoulder muscles tore in an accident. There is no fracture or any damage to bone. May you recommend me good practices to recover as early he can?
I am 21 yrs old, I have continous back nd neck pain, I have also asked about this to my so many friends they also have same problem so what can we do to stop this?
I have lost 20 lbs. But I am afraid that I will gain it back like I always do. Is there anything I can do to help keep this weight off for good? I am always tired. Why is this, and what can I do to change it?
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy.