Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. K V Balachandra RaoYour feedback matters!
I had a sexual encounter on Jan30 I have used the condom but in stress I forgot to check for breakage in it after 20 min I washed my genitals with water now 1 whether the virus will transmit from my hand to the genital part while cleaning? 2 done pcr DNA test for HIV in Feb24 (3weeks) it came (-) Can I trust this test and be hopeful Or can I do rapid test now as it's 4weeks over by now.
I am 26 years female and already taking the medicines for thyroid and PCOD. As I had an unprotected sex last night can I take pills? As I am already taking hormonal medicines for thyroid and pcod so I am confused, please suggest me. Thanks.
I am 35 years male. My problem is that I have bloated abdomen 24 hrs, No matter what I eat, what is my routine. This problem is from last five years. My diet is clean, zero fast food. I want to emphasize that the bloating is all full day, full weak from last five years. Please help me.
I am suffering from a dry cough, it pains. How to get well. Sir? Please recommend some better medicines.
How to improve our Mind sharpness and constipation. Sir I am a student bt my constipation is so slow sir Please help me.
I am 22 years old. Last few months I suffer acidity problem. I eat many type of medicine. But no results. So what I do. Plzzzz. Suggest me. Plz.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas. Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
- Health Care: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognise symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
- Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fibre rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition and maintain a fit body.
Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I am having pcod and I got my period after 3 months but the bleeding is not spot even after 20 day. What I have to do?
I am 61 yrs. Old male. Cardio problem. Ist attacked on 10th jan. 15. As per advise 1]monit gtn (8-4),  starpress xl50 &  atormac cv10 taking these three medicines daily forever. Whether it is right or other alternate while sometime feeling mild pain in heart or combustion like formation of enzyme or some heaviness. Suggest me cheapest and best solution. I am doing pure private job and cycling daily for up & down approx 10 km.
I have gastric problem from last 2 year and I take medicine so my wait increase please tel me what should I do?
Hello friends, I am Nikhil Modi. I am a consultant specialist respiratory medicines, working in Apollo Hospital, Delhi. Today I will be sharing some words about Bronchial Asthma.
As we all know that due to the rising pollution, a rise in smoking habits, breathing problems are on a rise. One of the major breathing problem which is coming across all age groups, especially with children running into early bronchial asthma. It is a type of a chronic lung disease which is allergic in nature and can be caused due to exposure to dust, smoke, pollens and air pollution. Due to rise in this pollution, the number of cases of asthma is on rise.
How do we identify this condition?
Common symptoms we see in patients are;
- A cough, which may be variable during the day, it may be more in the early morning or at night or it can be hacking chronic in nature which may be dry or sometimes thick scutum associated with it.
- Breathing difficulty. Patients feel breathless even while sitting. And it increases while they do daily activities. The daily routine activities like washing, running, going to the office is hampered due to breathlessness.
- Also, there is some wheezing or whistling sound which is observed by the patients.
Sometimes these symptoms are more in the night time or in the early morning. And patients are too uncomfortable even while sleeping with it. So, if any of these symptoms are there, especially when you note these symptoms during the change of season. More in the winters or while exposure to dust, pollution, if these symptoms aggravate then you may be suffering from bronchitis asthma.
Treatment of this is simple. Now a lot of effective treatments are coming up which help in treating this. But one thing you need to know is that this disease is controllable and not easily curable. So, the treatment may be a long term. With time, as your symptoms are less, the medicines can be reduced to a minimum, but we do not allow these symptoms to crop up again and again by taking infrequent medicines as this can permanently damage your lungs. This damage may be irreversible and this damage may not be curable again. For these newer drugs like inhalers have come up with anti-allergic medicines. But these should be prescribed after full examination by a specialised physician, especially the chest physician so that the amount and doses of the drug can be individualised. As different patients need different types of drugs for the cure.
Once the treatment is started, there is regime to step up or step down the regime with which we can easily control the symptoms and patient can lead a very healthy life.
Further, sometimes, it is important to identify the allergens and exposure to them are prevented can reduce the symptoms.
With this, I thank you all and if you have any query, you are free to contact me through Lybrate platform.