Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K V Balachandra RaoYour feedback matters!
My Son is 8 months old. From past 3 days he is peeing 6,7 times after waking up in morning and today it happened in evening. He is normal otherwise, no Fever and no difficulties in peeing. Consulted doctor, he has given antibiotics saying that it is urinary infection. All urine tests are normal and we have given sample for culture test which is awaited. Any suggestions on what to be done?
I'm a 31 years old lady working as a teacher. now days feels exhausted after coming from school. N back pain on d right side. Meanwhile feels strain on my throat when gets more stressed. Wht to do. Reasons fr all ds.
I have some issue about sex. I am unmarried but I have a girlfriend I want sex daily to do. So tell me something about this which can I take gap in this.
I have pcos. My bleeding is very lite from past 2 periods. This time I did not get bleeding also. The bleeding is coming only at my urination. This is happening from past 10 days. Wat is reason? Why it is coming? I did UPT the result is negative. I am using metformin and ovaa should now. But still bleeding is occurring only at urination daily. Wat is the main cause pls let me know madam.
Hi. She is Diabetic Type 2 patient and she has swelling in liver and she has become so weak n reduced all her weight so can we give her mutton (kharodon ka) soup for gaining her weight again?
Hi Doctor, Is there any permanent solution for Psoriasis, If yes please give me the details. Thank you Satheesh 9703000053.
My urine culture report is alkaline (ph 7.5), pus cells 4-6/hhpf, epithelial cell 15-20/hpf, r. B. C. 2-4, bacteria, others amorphous ohosphate present.
Hi, I am 35years old men suffering from Diabetic and Hypertension last 2years, recently from last 1month I had severe burning in my foot. Sometimes nerves gave me a feeling of pulling with some body. What are the precautions I have to take.
I am 22 year old I have an urine infection for 2 years. Doctor prescribed medicine but it actually not work. Infection somewhat cured but again occur. What should I do. Please reply.
As in morning I go for running everyday but while running I feel exhaust chest pains for little while what is the reason. I asked everybody they said because of empty stomach. What should I eat before running and after running or jogging.
I just have pain at the left side of my chest. The pain is not too high but it occurs suddenly at anytime. What should I do for this.
Hi I am male the age of 38 years old my problem is that my mouth is not opening at the very large length. Coz I have tobacco every day. I need to know whether to have or tablets to open my mouth or to have lots of food for the months and one more problem due to this I can't eat spicy food.
I am suffering from high fever and dry cough and getting lots of headache and body pain so please suggest me any medicine which can cure me.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis. Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am a 21 years old male. How to increase sex drive. Nd how to enlarge my penis. What are the precautions that need to be taken while having sex?
Good afternoon, Mujhe gas problem hai, acidity, pet bhari rahta hai, bhuk nahi lagti hai, please help.
Pain in the penis?
Penile pain can affect the base, shaft, or head of the penis. It can also affect the foreskin. An itching, burning, or throbbing sensation may accompany the pain. Penile pain can be a result of an accident or disease, and it can affect males of any age.
The pain can vary depending on what underlying condition or disease is causing it. If you have an injury, the pain may be severe and occur suddenly. If you have a disease or condition, the pain may be mild and may gradually get worse.
Any type of pain in the penis is a cause for concern, particularly if it occurs during an erection, prevents urination, or occurs along with discharge, sores, redness, or swelling.
Possible Causes of Pain in the Penis
Peyronie's disease starts when an inflammation causes a thin sheet of scar tissue, called plaque, to form along the upper or lower ridges of the shaft of the penis. Because the scar tissue forms next to the tissue that becomes hard during an erection, you may notice that your penis bends when it's erect. The disease can happen if bleeding inside the penis starts after you bend or hit it, if you have a connective tissue disorder, or if you have an inflammation of your lymphatic system or blood vessels. The disease can run in some families or may happen for an unknown reason.
Priapism causes a painful, prolonged erection. This erection can happen even when you don't want to have sex.
If this occurs, you should get treatment as soon as possible or permanent damage could occur. This damage might stop you from having erections in the future.
Balanitis is an infection of the foreskin and the head of the penis. It usually affects men and boys who don't wash under the foreskin regularly or who haven't been circumcised, although those who have been circumcised can also get it. It also can happen if you have a yeast infection, a sexually transmitted infection (STI), or an allergy to soaps, perfumes, or other products.
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Infection with an STI can cause penile pain. STIs that cause pain include:
Like any other part of your body, an injury can damage your penis. Injuries can happen if you:
- Are in a car accident
- Get burned
- Have rough sex
- Put a ring around your penis to prolong an erection
- Insert objects into your urethra, which is the tube that carries urine out of your penis
Preventing Pain in the Penis
You can take some steps to reduce your chances of developing pain, such as using condoms when you have sex, avoiding sex with anyone who has any kind of active infection, and asking sexual partners to avoid rough movements that bend your penis.
If you're having repeated infections or other problems with your foreskin, having a circumcision or cleaning under your foreskin every day can help.