Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. K V AmarnathYour feedback matters!
Sir I have neck, back and head pain. What can I do? Sir some time my mouth is smelling even I brushed my teeth what can I do for it. Sir please send your suggestion My heart is biting so fastly even my blood pressure is normal.
My mother is diagnosed with umbilical hernia and Incisional Hernia. Age:66, Height:5 ft 2 inch, Weight:83 kg. Current Medical condition: Thyroid medicine in morning Previous Operations: Child from C-section, Thyroid,Liver abcess, Varicose veins ,Knee surgery We have consulted 2 doctors: 1st Doctor advised: Hernia Repair Surgery Abdomenoplasty 2nd Doctor advised: Open Hernia Repair Surgery using Mesh and advised to reduce weight/Fat before operation as she is fatty. Which treatment is advisable considering the age and previous history. P.S: Hb (haemoglobin) of my mother is usually low around 9.5.
I am suffering from cold and feeling shivering even with little cough. Digestion process is also not going well and felling little headache? What should I do? What types of food should I eat? Unable to sleep well.
I am a 21 years old guy. I have problem in my palms and also in feet. I get too much sweat in my palms nd feet too, if I close my palms for few minutes, they get sweat like I just wash my palms with water, and same happens to my feet. please suggest me any treatment.
I have had bleeding over a few months from my penis. I showed a doctor. They suggested I do a penal MRI. The mri states that bilateral benign inguinal lymphadenopathy is present. What does this mean?
When I was of 12 years old. I am effected with acute pancreatitis. Now I am 16 years old. Till now its not cleared. When ever I met with pain I use to join in hospital and they use to treat mee. And again after going home. After some months same continues. And I am not an alcoholic. I won't smoke. And in my family no one have that problem. Please tell me some way so that I can cure my problem.
I am 19 years old I have problem of sinus and headache now these days it's over what should I do for nose leaking an headache.
I have problem in sleeping at night. I go to bed but not able to sleep. Spending time youtube is taking over my sleep. What should I do.
Here are some tips to cure acidity, gas formation, flatulence, heart burn and constipation
I am tafseer malik. 25 years. Male. Facing problem of itching between two legs since last 2 years. I have used many lotion and tablets. It covers, but after 5 days I face same problem. What should I do?
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby, increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- As you age it increases
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels.
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.