Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. K.ThirumaleshYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I have a sharp poking pain in my right knee. My xray report states reduction in joint space osteophytes seen. I also have continuous pain in the neck and my head too hurts sometimes. I have consulted and an orthopedic and he has stated that I should take vissco supplementation. Please help.
There is a soft swelling on my knee after a fall since last one month . There is little pain since last two days . What can take care of my this problem.
I am 45 years old what should I do to keep myself fit like not getting problem of knee at later stage. What test I should go for as I am a daily drinker.
Sir/madam, my father met with an accident in 2006 and his right knee ligament was cut in that incident.(he used medicine to relief pain at that time) but now due to pain again in right knee he consulted doctor and took MRI. It shows: 1. ACL tear 2. Complex tear of posterior horn of lateral meniscus 3. Effusion in knee joint 4. Minimal fluid collection deep to medial head of gastrocnemius origin. Doctors told to go for surgery, but my father already faced surgery for hernia. And denies for another. He has pain when going on steps. please prescribe any suggestions and measures to be followed to prevent pain and surgery.
I have regularly doing gym workout s. I have small projection muscle in my right hand knee. But no pain is there. If suppose I am not doing workouts it will disappear, it looks hard now and no pain, please help me what to do.
Sir I have swelling in my legs from last weak due to too much travelling. Suggest some tube or medicine.
I am 22 years old male and have backache for last 2 years. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.