Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Subramanyam
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K. SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
My heart beats faster whenever I do heavy works. Or when I get afraid. I need to know the reasons behind it.
I am 21 year old male. I have high bp last 10 days, and it fluctuate between 130 to 150 and between 80 to 90. I also have fast heart rate. Please give me some advise.
For the past 5 days now ive been having a very sharp pain when sitting up or moving. This is around my heart where the pain is, I have to sit still for at least 10 minutes before this pain eases off, I have to stay in a certain position otherwise I get the shooting pain, please could you tell me or give me an idea of why im getting this?
For last 2 days my husband is having a light chest pain. He visited a doctor and he said due to his addiction and less sleep he is having this problem he has told him to stop smoking and also suggested him a light sleeping pill. So my question is what is the problem? And is there anything to worry about this?
Hello Doctor, Which cooking oil is better for high cholesterol level. My husband has little high cholesterol levels. Currently we are using Rice bran oil.
My chest keeps paining suddenly sometimes, if I drink some water or eat some food my chest keeps paining a lot, what should I do?
I started suffering from high blood pressure at the age of 19. Is only and only because of alcohol and cigrts?
I have slight pain in my chest. It comes almost thrice a week. Should I take that seriously and how can I overcome that pain.
Meri mummy ki body me bahut sujan aati h, itni ki sometimes unki fingers se ring hi nikal pati, sujan jyadatar face or haathon mein hoti h, unhe unki aankhen bahut bhari lagne lagti h jaise koi weight rakh diya ho aankhon per, meri mummy ko blood pressure ki problem bhi h.
I am 25 years old, I have a one problem, when I am sleep my heart is fastly pumping.(palpitation. So please tell me how to cure this.
Respected sir. I have blood pressure problem. Some time my B. P. Will be high. And some time will be low. Please sir suggest me what I do?
He experiences sometimes severe pain near heart area since his childhood. Many test and medication has done. But no effect. Whenever he gets upset he feel pain near heart area.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.