Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.subashYour feedback matters!
Hi. I read article on mangoes. I am diabetic and its very much under control with medication, exercise and right eating. I love mangoes so I was wondering if I could eat a mango every alternative day or restrict my mango eating to bare minimum. Say a slice a day. Thanks.
I am 53 years old. Since last 4-5 years I feel that my penis has been curved like a bow upward. Its girth also reduced. erection also not very long lasting, means totally unsatisfied sex life. Is there any remedy. Please advise.
Cholesterol is generally regarded as something bad for the health. As a part of diet, everyone tries to avoid anything that has cholesterol in it. What needs to be understood is that not all cholesterol is bad. There is also good cholesterol, which is actually very essential for body functions. This is required for the production of essential hormones. Inadequate amounts of good cholesterol can lead to problems ranging from simple hormonal imbalances to severe issues like infertility.
The following are some food items, which contain sufficient amounts of good cholesterol and should find a place in your plate. They are essential for various body functions including hormone formation.
Avocado oil: Most oil is considered bad, but avocado oil contains about 70% of good cholesterol and should be used for its heart-healthy benefits. Being a great antioxidant, it protects the heart by reducing inflammation and by improving blood pressure. Eating whole avocado is also beneficial for the heart and the body as a whole.
Buckwheat: This whole grain is rich in many vitamins, quite a few minerals, and is a good provider of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free and is rich in antioxidants, making it extremely cardio-friendly.
Soy: Too much saturated fat in the diet cannot be digested and the liver converts these and stores it, which adds to obesity. Soy which is a good replacement for animal fat and even dairy products can help improve cholesterol levels and prevent fat accumulation.
Salmon: This is one of the most heart-friendly food items, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and good cholesterol. It lowers triglyceride levels and provides a good amount of protein for the body.
Spinach: The cholesterol which settles against the blood vessels is washed off by consuming spinach – in regular quantities at regular intervals. It is also the richest source of lutein, which is known as guardian against aging diseases including hypertension.
Go the nutty way: While most would consider nuts as rich in oils, truth is they are loaded with good cholesterol. Therefore, whether it is almonds or pecans, ground nuts or walnuts, nuts are great for the heart. They are also rich in minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, and potassium and contain various vitamins. So about a teaspoon of chopped nuts should be on your plate on any given day.
- Dark chocolate: Again, like nuts, most of us tend to avoid chocolate, but these restrictions are only for the white ones with sugar. The dark one is extremely healthy for the heart with loaded antioxidants, which prevents clogging of arteries. It is also rich in flavonoids, which are useful in controlling blood pressure and other heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My father has heart problem is angioplasty is necessary how can I know it he has lot of cough every second he split what to do his age is 62 now.
Sir/madam I am abdul I am 23 years old. Sir my penny /cock and my cock, s topi is very thin and small. It, s reason masturbation. So please advice me how can I do big and strong. Please tell me some medicines name and some to eat.
Dear Doctor, It is 2 and half months now. Had a feeling of mouth, upper tongue and tongue drying. Met a doctor who administered some alopathic medicines. After taking medicines for about 3-4 days hives started coming out throughout body. Went on changing physician to dermatologist but no respite. Whatever medicine being prescribed hives with itching is persisting. Please advice some treatment which may not aggravate my problem rather give some soothing effect. Warm regards, SS Kaintura.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. please give me some kind of advice or medicine to cure. I start masturbating in the age of 13 year 3or5 time a day.
My triglycerides are 254 and normal bp weigh 76 kg height 5'7" with small spots on both eyes, nothing any other problem, what is its management?
He is getting the fluid out within a minute while masturbating is that any damage to his sex life? Why it is so? Any treatment for it?
I feel that I have digestion issues, whatever I eat after that my chest burns a lot. I just then take fizzy drink for burp and this also increasing my weight. What is this?
I've been coughing for over a week now. Its reduced considerably since then, but I have my concerns. Should I get tested for tuberculosis? Just to be safe?
Me and my wife having unprotected sex for last 6 months but she is not getting conceived. My sperm count is normal and she is having ovulation in time. Pl advice me.
I have some kind allergy from last seven days and also my eyes are getting dark red and some fever also so please tell me some solution for this I'm highly obliged.
Hi I started masturbation at the age of 15 till now manage is 28 sometimes I stopped the masturbation for 2 or 3 days after that I started again .Am just using fingering of my penis for 10 to 15 minutes and the sperm will come out. How do I control my self and did I lose reproductive capacity.In future shall I face sex problem.
The time we hve sex while intercoursing her vagina pain so I am not able to intercourse.Please tell.
Hello doctor, My HSG test showed one of my tube is blocked and other is partially block and My first pregnancy turn into miscarriage in march 2015, I am trying hard to conceive from last 6-7 Month. Even my financial condition is not so strong but I want to conceive fast. Please help me. Very upset.
Sir, I am, 63 yrs, male taking oral medication for an enlarged prostate for the last three years. How can I ascertain whether there is any malignancy or not ?
Dear Sir, my daughter aged 22 years is suffering from frequent headaches mostly on the right side of forehead, entire right jaw. Clinical tests show no problem with eye sight and/or nerves connecting eyes. She was suggested to see nuro physician in case headaches persist. Kindly suggest ayurvedic tablets or medicines for relief.
What r the symptoms of sugar? I want to suggest my father to take care of sugar. Also please suggest me some foods which are helpful to decrease of sugar in body. Thank you very much.
Modern lifestyle is witnessing gifts of technology and simultaneously facing the side effects that come along such as peer pressure, stress, hectic schedules, complexities in life and various other issues that are plaguing the people today in a manifold manner.
They are being forced to succumb to depression, and fight back the same; they are taking pills, anti-depressants, anti-psychotic drugs or other narcotics.
These are proving extremely detrimental by taking a toll on the overall mental and physical health of the humans. One of the main ill-effects of these dangerous drugs is decreased desire or sexual urge, which is also known as Libido.
How drugs affect our physical and social lives?
Anti-depressant drugs have certain chemicals in the composition such as serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, inhibitors, tri-cyclics, etc. that severely affect the emotions of love in both the males and females along with decreasing the sexual push or aggression, thereby degrading the conjugal life of a couple to a large extent. This is indeed a matter of serious concern because ultimately the happiness and health are at stake.
At some point of time, an individual affected by such problems tend to distance away from his or her partner and also isolates from other people. He or she cocoons in a shell and this gives rise to another form of depression.
How Help Can Be Achieved Through Ayurveda in Such Cases?
As each of the symptoms is related to lifestyle issues, therefore, at first it is important to balance these. Ayurveda today has become a very crucial cure in such cases. The specialists are also recommending the use of same in the treatment of libido. The Ayurvedic treatment includes:
- Counselling- Sitting with their patients, giving a patient listening to the problems, counselling them and then advising some hormonal therapy or lifestyle changes.
- Shiro Dhara Panchakarma- This therapy aids in curing stress and depression which ultimately bring back libido.
- Satvavjay Chikitsa- In this form of treatment, the patient is required to stay away from negative thoughts and reinforce the positive thoughts in the brain. Letting go of these thoughts will help the patient stay happy and content which in turn would let you enjoy the intimate moments to the fullest.
- Nasya Treatment- In this treatment, Ayurvedic medicines are taken through the nose as it is assumed that the effect reaches from nose to head thus curing the ailment.
- Shiro Basti Treatment- This is a process of medicated enema for increasing libido. A cap is placed on the head in this treatment.
- Meditation and yoga- These are the best natural therapy for curing libido related problems. Meditating daily for 1 hour can drastically increase the libido level. Also, yoga poses, like Pigeon Pose, bound angel, eagle pose are good for getting back libido. Yoga and meditation are very good for reducing stress level. Thus, by reducing stress level, libido is increased.
- Manasmitra Vataka- This relieves stress in an efficient way, thus increasing libido naturally.
- Swarna Saraswatarishta- This reduces mental fatigue and helps in increasing retention power. Overall, this results in an increased libido.
- Ashwagandharistha- This is good for men as this helps to improve the testosterone level. Testosterone helps in increasing libido. Ayurveda is all about natural and herbal cure with very handy home remedies such as maintaining the correct diet comprising of plenty of water, fruits, onion and garlic, the Mediterranean kind of food, etc. that will help to enhance the sexual desire. Ayurvedic pills for increasing sexual feelings known as libido enhancer pills and other herbal sexual pills are sometimes prescribed to the patients as well, but those must be taken with utmost care and under strict medical guidance.
- Stop Bad Habits- Stopping every form of bad habit like alcohol consumption, and smoking is also essential.
If one wants to come out of such problems, there will always be guidance and assistance to him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.