Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Srinivasan
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. K SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Dry Needling: This treatment for fibromyalgia known as dry needling reduces pain stemming from trigger points and increases spinal mobility, according to a clinical study. The technique uses needles to affect sensitive points in the muscle, which cause pain in seemingly unrelated body parts.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.