Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K SrinivasaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm 25 year old & I hv dental problem since 1 year. I m taking regular treatment but the problem still same please suggest.
I am a 25 aged male 2 days ago one guy sucked my penis foreskin little and gently for upto 15 seconds. He is having some bad teeth also but bleeding is not happened in his mouth. I am in confusion will it results hiv if yes when and what test I have to take and I have white coloured pimple like bubbles on my penis from childhood age also please help me.
I brush my teeth every morning but my breath smells very bad also I clean my tongue daily. What could be the reason?
I am 3o years old. And I have some teeth problem. My front teeth are very loose even there is smell and soiling. They giving regularly pain.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.