Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Santhi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K. SanthiYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old married man. For the last few months I am finding it difficult to maintain erection. I do get erection but it will only last for 4-5 minutes, during this time I also feel hot flashes in my upper left face which eventually becomes a mild headache. Body weight- 85 KG, height- 5 feet 8 inches, build - Macular. Please Help.
I think have gastric problem. If eat less also my breath stops some time. I Had cough vomiting sensation. And motion not come properly. Food is not digested well it comes partially in motion.
I have dent in my skull. Right side. Also whole right side of my body feels week. Be it hand, leg, eye. I read something about Gorham disease, it's about dent in skull. It could be because of depression. I can't understand my condition and it's difficult to lead a normal life.
My age is 24. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. I have deficiency of vitamin b12 .my test report is 185pg/ml. Is there any homeopathic medicine which will help to fulfill the deficiency?
Hello Doctor I am 45 Years I got sugar in 27/06/2006 fasting was 100 post Lunch was 147 so average fasting 150-180 post lunch 180-230 08/jun/2015 HbA1c is 8 (ABG) IS 183 I am using zoril M1 forte and for BP sartel 80 my Bp is 180/90 the heart beat will be 100 please guide me thank you.
One of the worst neurological disorders to have is dementia. It is a general term used to describe cognitive decline of the brain. It’s not specific disease but denotes several brain disorders and mental illnesses. A person suffering from dementia can have severe impairment in judgment, loss of memory and thinking. Dementia is a very difficult disease not only for the patient but also for their families and caregivers.
Some facts about dementia are as follows:
- It’s not a mental disorder occurring in old age but it does degenerates with age.
- An estimation of 47.5 million people worldwide suffers from dementia and 60% of these people live in low and middle-income countries and according to WHO this figure is likely to increase.
- Every 4 seconds a new case of dementia is reported
Dementia is a collective term to describe the many types of in people, such as
- Alzheimer’s Disease: It is one of the most common type of dementia accounting for 60-80% of dementia case. People suffering from Alzheimer’s have fewer nerve cells and the size of the brain shrinks.
- Vascular Dementia: Another most common form of dementia occurring after a stroke.
- Lewy Body Dementia: It is neurodegenerative condition that involves a protein called alpha-synuclein which changes the brain. Symptoms may be similar to Parkinson’s disease.
Symptoms of dementia can range from mild to moderate to severe that includes:
- Memory Loss
- Disorientation meaning inability to focus or pay attention
- Changes in visual perception
- Impairment in reasoning and judgment
Dementia can be caused by damage to brain cells or progressive brain cell death. As a result communication between brain cells become difficult. Other symptoms include:
- There are no definite tests for dementia. Doctors and neurologists have to medical history, blood tests and CT scans to find out whether a person has dementia or not. However, the most potent evaluation comes from a set of questions that are asked to a patient suspected of having dementia. The ability to answer those questions correctly is one of the best diagnoses for dementia.
- There is no specific treatment for dementia as it is not a curable disease and degenerates with time. However, medicines or drugs given for Alzheimer’s can be given to people suffering from dementia.
- Although results vary depending upon a person’s lifestyle’s and habits, doctors suggest eating healthy, exercising regularly, and stopping smoking and drinking may prevent some types of dementia.
- The best treatment for dementia is to treat the person with care and love so that they don’t feel neglected.
Dementia is often associated with old age but that is not always true. It is important to gain knowledge and educate others also.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!