Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.s Ravindranath
Submit a review for Dr. K.s RavindranathYour feedback matters!
Hydrogen sulphide gas in flatus - commonly known as fart - is produced by an enzyme in blood vessels where it relaxes them and lowers blood pressure.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and click on'share.
I am suffering from acidity what care should I take to control the acidity. What are the side effects of acidity.
I am having excessive constipation from last 4 - 6 months. I don't know, it is Constipation or something else. But I am really fed up of it. I never get fully fresh at once. I am not saying I never got FRESH ut only sometimes. But mostly I am not able to get fresh like always. Many times my stomach always feels heavy but not able to clear it. Tried many things Like Isabgol, Some homeopathic Treatments etc. One thing more my schedule is not normal/common. I wake up at full night and go to bed for sleep in morning and wake up after 7 hours or after noon - I am telling all this so it can help you better in my case.
Hii sir. I'm 23 years old and I have digestion problem if I ate fried rices acidity happens and stomach ache.
From many days my stomach is not well. I can't digest my food. I feel my stomach very heavy. I didn't feel hunger sometime. Many times After taking food I got burps and I am having gastric problem also. Some time my motion is also not clear. So didn't understand what should I do. My health is going down bcz of my stomach.
Hello, my name is Rishikesh Sharma. I'm 23 years old. And I am suffering from IBD (ulcerative colitis). Where should be the best treatment I can get. Or what should I do.
I am having after defecation around anus and inside even .during bowel defection also I am feeling much pain can you help me to find out this .am I affected woth hemmorids.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or spastic colon is a rather common intestinal tract disease which is characterized by sharp pain in the stomach, stomach gas, diarrhea or constipation. It is a chronic condition whose exact cause, although unknown, is sometimes attributed to the dysfunctional production of the neurotransmitter, dopamine.
There is no particular treatment for IBS. However, the symptoms can be brought under control through various methods. The symptoms of IBS can be controlled by making lifestyle changes such as incorporating certain modifications to your diet and reducing or managing stress levels. For severe symptoms, you may require medications.
Patients may also consider homeopathic treatment for a rather wholesome effect and lesser side effects. The purpose of homeopathic treatment is to stimulate the body’s inner self-balancing mechanisms. In order to achieve this, this person must be provided with the right solution at the right time. Since homeopathy aims at treating the root cause of the problem, the treatment is stretched over a longer period of time. Additionally, homeopathy functions by stimulating the natural healing capabilities of the body. Some of the common homeopathic medications that can be used to treat IBS are listed below:
- Pulsatilla: Prepared from a medicinal plant known as wind flower, Pulsatilla is effective in the cure of IBS with its remedying effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Nux Vomica: This too is derived from a plant and has a positive effect on the digestive and nervous system, thereby being effective in the treatment of IBS.
- Sulphur: It is one of the most common choices among homeopathic practitioners for IBS. Sulphur affects the digestive tract and is helpful in the treatment of intestinal gas and constipation. It is usually prescribed for individuals who are rather thin and physically weak.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: This is mainly prescribed for people with diarrhea and stomach gas. This drug acts specifically on the gastrointestinal tract
- Asafoetida: This drug is prescribed when there is a fairly common constriction in the bowel muscles. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!