Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K S Rajmohan Shetty
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. K S Rajmohan ShettyYour feedback matters!
1. Eat calcium-rich foods
In addition to dairy products, choose fish with bones such as salmon, sardines or whitebait. For additional benefits, serve them with a side of dark leafy green vegetables or broccoli. Almonds, dried figs, fortified tofu and soy milk are also calcium-rich choices, says registered dietitian laura jeffers, med, rd, ld.
2. Take calcium supplements
The u. S. Recommended daily allowance for calcium is 1, 000 mg a day during your 20s, 30s and 40s. But your need rises as you age. Check with your doctor before starting supplements to find out what amount is right for you. For example, after menopause, most women need 1000 to 1, 500 mg a day unless they take hormone therapy. Your body only absorbs 500 mg of calcium at a time, Ms. Jeffers notes, so spread your consumption out over the course of the day.
3. Add d to your day
To help absorb calcium, most adults need 1, 000 to 2, 000 iu of vitamin d daily, combined calcium-vitamin d pills usually do not meet this requirement. And most of us who live north of atlanta do not get enough vitamin d the old-fashioned way — from the sun. Taking a vitamin d supplement will ensure you meet your daily needs.
4. Start weight-bearing exercises
To boost your bone strength, try exercise that “loads” or compresses your bones, says exercise physiologist heather nettle, ma. “running, jogging, high-impact aerobics, repetitive stair climbing, dancing, tennis and basketball are best for building bones. But if you have osteopenia, osteoporosis or arthritis, try walking or using an elliptical or other machine,” she says. Be sure to clear any exercise plans with your doctor first.
5. Don’t smoke, and don’t drink excessively
Bad news for bad habits: loss of bone mineral density is associated with tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption, Dr. Sikon says. If you smoke, look into a program to help you quit. If you drink, stick to no more than one libation a day, she advises.
6. Get your bone mineral density tested
Doctors can get a quick and painless “snapshot” of bone health using a simple x-ray test called dxa. This test measures bone mineral density and helps determine risks of osteoporosis and fracture. Dr. Sikon recommends testing for women within two years of menopause. Earlier tests are recommended for men and women with certain diseases and for those taking medications that increase risk, such as long-term steroid therapy.
Perimenopausal women may consider hormone therapy to increase waning estrogen levels, which are linked to bone loss. And women and men diagnosed with osteopenia or osteoporosis can take various medications to prevent dangerous hip and spine fractures.
I am on a medication of the tablets Epilex 500 & Qutipin 200 mg. But due to certain finance problem, I had left taking that tablets since last Sunday. Will this affect me in any way? Please let me know!
Dr. I am suffering frm pre mature ejaculation pls advise what to do. I am taking cipralex 5 for my anxiety. Since 2 days.
I get cramps in my led and thigh frequently. What is the reason and any treatment? This has been from many years to me. Please suggest.
I have itching on buttock and it has taken shape of patch; itching feels very sweet like. So what should I do, for which medicine I go for?
I am feeling weak now a days and vitamin D3 is very less and suffering with hair loss and Back pain can I get a good diet and suggestion from any doctor please?
Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition. Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar Sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution.