Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. K PavanaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 year old man & have infection & pus in roots of teeth. I already treat root canal in this teeth before 12 month. Advice any oral treatment or step. I take antibiotic (phexin-500 )& pain killer (diclo+para+serratiopeptidase) daily.
Hello Dr. Everyday morning when I woke up I am finding blood in my teeth. And my gum is very weak. Could you please suggest. Regards,
Ever wondered how good it would be if a tooth lost can be placed back in place? That is just what the dental implant does. Unlike the dentures, which replace only the crown portion of the tooth, the implant replaces the crown and the root portion of the tooth.
What’s more the chances of decay are less and there is no fear of mobility. The dental implant replaces the natural tooth to the maximum extent possible, both in terms of chewing efficiency and stability of the tooth. It can take almost as much pressure as the natural tooth, with hardly any restrictions on diet.
When properly fabricated, the dental implant can last a lifetime. However, this longevity depends on two sets of factors. The first is the overall oral health of the patient and the second is the post-implant care.
Oral health: Before deciding that a person is to go for an implant, the following are considered:
The person should have very good jaw bone support: The titanium post that will be used as the root portion is placed into the gum ridge and unless the jaw bone is extremely healthy, it will not be able to support this. Also, the post will be in left in place to get integrated into the bone for about 4 to 6 months. During this phase, the oral health should be maintained extremely well.
Placement: The implant should be done by someone qualified to do an implant, not just by any dentist. Good fabrication of the implant is very essential for its longevity.
Good oral hygiene measures: This is a prerequisite for choosing, if a person is a candidate for a dental implant. If the oral hygiene habits are doubtful, then it would not be worth investing the time, effort, and money on an implant.
Post-implant insertion care: Once the post is absorbed into the bone and the crown has been placed, meticulous care should be taken to ensure there is no plaque formation in and around the implant. The gums have to be maintained healthy through regular brushing, flossing, interdental brushing and frequent mouth rinses. This will ensure the gums are healthy and can support the implant for years to come. Regular visits to the dentist every 6 months and scaling in the dental office are also mandatory when you have an implant.
The overall health of the person also ensures success of implants. Chronic uncontrolled conditions like heart disease, stress, diabetes, and smoking adversely affect the oral health and therefore the success of an implant. These are also associated with a greater risk of gum and periodontal disease. Managing these optimally also adds to longevity of dental implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I have a pain at my teeth from 5 days due to which my head is also start paining, is there any simple method by which my problem get solved?
I am 55 years old woman and my teeth was not so work fine and what's toothpaste I use for generally.
Mere teeth me thora sa pilapan hai .use kaise dur kre .regular brush bhi krta hu Colgate visible white se? Yaa aur koi paste ho jisse jhaldi pilapan hat jaaye yaa med. To btaye?
I have a severe sensitivity in my front teeth, when I eat cold or hot things, the pain is so intolerable and I can't handle it what should I do?
I have been taken gutka since 4years and my jaw is not elongate as usual. And I cant open my mouth as usual I do. Please give a suggestion to qure it. Thank Q.
My teeth have Problem of Staining, and turn Yellow after eating anything. I even suffer from Bad breath. How can I whiten my teeth within 2 weeks?
I am 32 yr old, I loss some teeth in lower bridge so pls guide which teeth is good for long duration and what is the cost of per teeth.
You may need RCT if you have:
1. Pain and throbbing while eating
2. Pain when eating/drinking hot or cold foods
3. Deep cavity which has been ignored for a long time
4. Injury to the face/ jaw in accident cases
5. Colour change/ darkening of the tooth
6. Pus discharge / swelling in the nearby gum
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.