Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Banglore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Pandian
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. K PandianYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old male .My problem is when I sleep in the night I feel pain in my waist in the morning when I getup the pain has gone automatically 11 pm to 8 am sleeping time.
I am a Heart Patient with high B. P. And B. S. Of 65 years of age. In March last year the required angioplasty was undergone and I am to take medicines of approx Rs. 4, 500/- each month including Human Mixtard (30: 70) Insulin. Almost in every midnight I feel muscle pain in my leg and feet for which I cannot have a sound sleep at night.
I am 55 years old and have pain in both my elbows My PP sugar is 136 please advice what I should do?
My wife 39 years old sufferring from neck, back and knee pain since 3-4 years. Mri findings are gap in l5, l6. Please advise, how to treat this pain anf cure permenantly as surgery is not safe.
If you are about to undergo a knee replacement surgery, it is important to know the extent of pain that it involves, and the recovery period that follows. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and a patient needs a lot of time to adjust to the replacement of his knee. The time of recovery depends on the patient and form of surgery that has been undertaken. The steps of recovery after a knee replacement surgery are as follows:
- After the surgery, you will be given painkillers which you can self-administer using a switch. You may also require an oxygen mask or blood transfusion.
- You may require crutches and should walk within a frame. The ability to get back to walking without any help depends on the patient.
- You will be taught exercises for strengthening your knees in the hospital by a physiotherapist.
- It is likely for you to experience some initial discomfort during exercising and walking, as your legs may become swollen.
- Putting on a passive motion machine may be beneficial in restoring movement in your knees when you are lying in bed.
- It is likely for you to spend a period of three to five days in the hospital, based on your condition and its progress.
- An enhanced recovery program may be suggested by your surgeon in which you may start walking from the surgery day itself.
Recovery at home
- It is normal for you to feel tired and fatigued at home in the beginning. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and the tissues and muscles around your knees require time to heal properly.
- You should arrange for a person who would help you while you go out for a few weeks after the surgery.
- It is very important for you to practice the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist. This is a vital part of speedy recovery and you should not avoid them.
- You will be able to stop depending on crutches or walking frames and go back to your regular activities and schedule, six weeks after the surgery.
- The swelling and pain associated with the surgery may take around three months to depart.
The recovery process usually continues for two years after undergoing the surgery. During this period, scar tissue heals and your muscles get restored through exercises. It is recommended for you to avoid any kind of extreme sports or movements in which there is a risk of falling, such as mountain biking, or skiing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.