Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 1 month old. Is it ok to start weaning after 40 days? If no wat are the harmful effects of introducing solids early? Wats the best time for weaning a baby?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
I have a 3 month old baby off late I have noticed that he keeps rubbing his nose with his hands and sometimes against my shoulder (while sleeping n awake both) while doing this he becomes very uncomfortable n moves a lot. Does it indicate nose blockage or cold or something else?
Sr mera cousin 17 year ka hai wo blood donate krnaa chahta hai, kya wo blood donate kar saktaa hai, aur blood donate karne se use koi problem to nhi hogi.
My baby is going to be 3 month old soon. And I have to go back to work. Can I start solid or weaning food for her as I don't want to give her formula milk. I can manage to breastfeed her only once or twice.
My baby is now six month. I dint gave any food to him. Other than milk. What should I give for my baby.
What is coblation tonsillectomy?
Coblation is an advanced technology that uses gentle radio frequency energy with a saline solution to quickly and safely remove tonsils without causing much pain &amp;amp;amp; no bleeding.
How is cobalation tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy done?
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia generally takes about 30 min. The surgeon uses a special cobalation wand which utlizes radio frequency energy to remove tonsil adenoids in a nearly bloodless fashion the patient can go home the same day.
Why is coblation tonsillectomy a better choice?
Older ways of removing the tonsils and adenoids include cold steel method of dissection. These methods could cause extensive pain, bleeding and may damage healthy tissue around the tissue that is removed. Coblation does not remove the tonsils or adenoids by heating or burning preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
What are the benefits of coblation tonsillectomy?
Fewer'bad days patients report a better overall experience with coblation tonsillectomy after surgery when compared to other procedures. Studies show that patient calls and visits to the doctor due to problems after surgery are significantly less with coblation tonsillectomy.
Faster recovery coblation tonsillectomy has been shown in clinical studies to speed a child's return to normal activity and diet. On average, patients return to a normal diet in 2.4 days after coblation, versus 7.6 days after routine cold steel method.
Less pain coblation tonsillectomy has also been shown to decrease pain and use of medications after the procedure.
Adenoidectomy via cobalation
Difficulty in breathing
Obstructive sleep apnea
Rec episodes of cough old
Coblation adenoidectomy is a technique which works at a relatively low temperature to gently dissolve and/or shrink target tissue with minimal thermal damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Coblation technology provides ablation, resection, coagulation of soft tissue and hemostasis of blood vessels in one convenient surgical device.
Complete removal of adenoids
Under direct endoscopic vision
Minimal pain with day care procedure