Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.N. Arathi
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.N. ArathiYour feedback matters!
Calcium phosphate is the main component of the tooth enamel so any deficiency in calcium can cause damage to the enamel. Calcium is not only required for having healthy teeth but also healthy bones and heart.
Healthy teeth are a sign of good overall health and wellbeing. There are many factors that impact the health of the teeth such as improper diet, smoking, and sugar.
Benefits of calcium for teeth
- Calcium reduces the chances of losing a teeth
- It reduces chances of cavities
- Calcium, when combined with a proper nutritious diet, helps in increasing the longevity of the teeth
- Calcium can reduce chances of gum disease
- Calcium along with other minerals also help in improving blood supply around the teeth area
- A calcium compound, amorphous calcium phosphate helps in fluoride absorption in the tooth enamel
- It limits loss of mass in the jawbone
- Calcium also fortifies the bones around the jaw to reduce bone problems such as loss of bone structure as one gets older
- It helps in protecting the teeth from acidic components that cause tooth decay
To have healthy teeth, one needs to have a balanced diet that meets the regular calcium requirements besides following a healthy lifestyle.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth