Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old and I am suffering from diabetes from 9 months I tried alot of medicines and lots of village techniques but still I am not felling like a healthy person please give me a good and effective medical advice.
I am suffering from disease called herpes, it's very itching and painful, I have taken some medicine for three day's, but it spread nearby, please suggest me the solution of this disease, I applying a cream on it (acivir), but it's not affective, help me to get rid of this. Itching and pain. Thanks.
Sometimes when I'm not free of motion. My stomach is bloated and paining in lower left side and my stool is in dark brown colour. What is the reason of this?
How to avoid gastric problem? Every morning after having breakfast loose motion occurs. How can it be cured permanently?
Doctor I got sickness what shall I do and which Medicine should I have even I have a Running nose and nec pain also what to do doctor?
I am taking shilajit since one week I can not find any diff in pre eg if I go for 2nd time she will not be in so what should I do to have long time sex with partner.
Wen I participated in sex I was done only with 2-3 in outs. Is there any problem in me or is it quiet common in the first round? And are there any disadvantages of masturbation. I mean to ask is it good to health or bad to. And will it increase the stamina.
I am having haemoglobin count around 5 to 8 since 5 years. I am eating iron rich foods along with vitamin c.4 years back when the count had fallen to 4.8 then I had iron injections through saline then it raised to 9.8.but after it is back to 7.yesterday I tested and it was 6.2.is there any prob in haemoglobin synthesis. What should I do.
I have vitamin D deficiency and it's very very low. And doctor has advised me some injection and sunlight exposure. My question is it good or bad to get sunlight during afternoon and if bad then what time will be the best? Thanks.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.