Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K M Prasanna KumarYour feedback matters!
The thyroid gland is a stand out among the most important organs in the body. It is an organ with an extensive impact. It is one of the hormone-creating, endocrine organs, which fundamentally control the rate at which the body's different systems and organs work. It affects vitality levels, immunity, regulation of sugar and is the general controller of development, growth and metabolism of the entire body. During embryonic life, the thyroid gland moves downwards from the pharynx (portion of the throat which affects both digestion and respiration) to its position underneath the Adam's apple.
There are a number of remedies that are capable of treating the thyroid problems. Since homeopathy aims at treating the root cause of the problems, the treatment is stretched over a longer period of time. Additionally, homeopathy functions by stimulating the natural healing capabilities of the body. Some of the commonly used homeopathic treatments for thyroid diseases include Fucus vesiculosus, Calcarea carb, Iodine, Bromium, Lycopus, Calcarea phos, Lapis albus and Spongia. Some of them are discussed below:
- Fucus vesiculosus: Commonly known as Bladderwrack or sea kelp, this is a rich source of Iodine. The homeopathic medication utilizes the entire plant and is available in many dosage forms such as tablet, tincture and capsule. It helps in stimulating the production of thyroid hormones. It can be used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) and cysts.
- Iodine and Bromium: The homeopathic form of Iodine is called Iodum and it is prepared from iodate salts extracted from seaweed. Diversion from the optimum levels of iodine in the body causes thyroid problems. Homeopaths recommend Iodum for treating thyroid problems. Similar characteristics are exhibited by Bromium, which is a homeopathic form of bromine.
- Lycopus: The entire flowering plant of Bugleweed is used to prepare Lycopus. It is recommended for treatment of hyperthyroidism and cysts.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Calcarea Carbonica is a Homeopathic medicine which is regarded as one of the best homeopathic remedies for thyroid problems. It is highly recommended for hypothyroid patients who experience excessive sweating on head. It is also utilized for hypothyroidism afflicted patients having certain peculiar eating habits such as boiled egg cravings, desire for indigestible things such as pencils, chalk, lime, etc. This homeopathic medicine can also help in relieving constipation in patients having thyroid disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My mother is diabetic from 2012 now after taking high dosage medicine also her fpbs is 230 and ppbs is 300 can she have better medication without having insulin. She is scared of taking insulin. please help us by providing solution for this she is 63 years old now her weight is 72 kg she increased her weight by 12 kg with in 6 months.
Hi Sir I am 25 years old male I was feeling easily tired and dizziness and numbness in my feet, I went for medical examination the reports revealed I was suffering with thyroid Total T3= 1.68 total t4= 7.50 Tsh=6.09 I was suggest to take thyrox 25 mg I ha ve taken the medicine since last two month and after test my tsh was 27.05 I was suggested to take thyronorm 75 still after a month I don't see any improvement my depression levels are becoming worse getting easily angry feeling tired and drowsy kindly help me.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
Hello sir, I am 39 Yrs old suffering from thyroid & high BP, and many please advise taking 75 mcg daily.
I have high uric Acid problem due to which my heels start paining and I am unable to walk much. Is there any permanent solution to it or a medication that can help me out.
I am 66 years old, last 20 years diabetic patient and taking insulin Mixard 15mg and 10 mg morning and evening. I have 80 Kgs of weight and 6'11 inches hight. Two months back my creatinine was 3.5 and now it has came down to. 3.1 and 2.7 and now it is 1.9. I would like to know why it is changing? Also whether it possible to reduce to the minimum level? For that what kind of medicine can I take? Expecting reply. Thanking you,
I am a diebetic type 2 patient since last one yr. My sugar fasting 120-130 and pp 100-110. May I include mango in my diet.
Hi I ve varicocele in both testes Grade 1 in right and grade to in left. Its decreasing my serum T level If I go for microsurgical treatment then it will solve my low T problem My serum T is 3.4 its base line Diabetic from last 8 years and taking 1 gram metformin daily. Hba1c 5.4 I ve diagnosed 2years ago and continuously effecting on my health.
I have hypothyroid and taking 50 mg thyroxine everyday from past 4 months and I am not eating foods spinach, cabbage, broccoli, peanuts, mustard, soy products, cauliflower. I have vitamin deficiency also. But skipping spinach, peanuts is lacking nutrition, is there any other food for substitute of spinach and peanuts?
I had total thyroidectomy due to Thyroid cancer, Rai of 100 mcg done. 4 Parathyroids were preserved. Currently on Calcium supplement of 2000 mg, my recent Calcium level is 7.2 mg/DL Couple of weeks ago the level was 7 mg/DL. At time of discharge my Calcium level was 8.3 mg/DL, even though my recent level is decreased I have no symptoms of low calcium, I had vitamin D deficiency since long time. The calcium supplement has vitamin D3 as well, my worry is why the level decreased? My albumin level is 4.2gms/DL which is normal. Is my low calcium caused by low Vitamin D issue? Do I need to undergo any blood tests?
I am suffering from Gilbert syndrome. Resulting in impaired fasting blood sugar (I believe). Can it be cured. I'm 49 years of age profession concerned to flying Thanks.
It has been shown that regular exercise and Diet control can delay the onset of Diabetes .People having strong family history can delay the onset of Diabetes by these measures.
How Diagnose Diabetes?
As per the recent Guidelines the following criteria is used for the diagnosis.
1) Normal Range : Fasting Blood Sugar : Up to 110 mg/dl
Post Lunch / Glucose: Up to 140 mg/dl
2) Diabetic Range : Fasting Blood Sugar : More than 126 mg% ( More then one occasion)
Post Glucose Blood Sugar: More then 200 mg% ( 2 hours after 75 gm glucose)
If the criteria mentioned above are fulfilled the person is diagnosed to have diabetes.