Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. K.M JayaprasadYour feedback matters!
White is price range of 6 teeth bleaching of front side, and how much period the bleach is remain, and it is any side effect? please guide Thank you.
I have breathing problem, heavy breathing, no stamina, I get tired fast. I am athlete and thats not good thing for a Sports person what should I do?
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.
Im 45 and diabetic one of my friend returned from abroad on 2/5/16 I was with him on the same day for about 4 hours. Then I never met him. On 17/5/16 he got chickenpox. My question is that did me infected. If so what should do as a preventive measure. Im not vaccinated. Would like to get a detailed advice. Thank you.
I have wet dreams daily. The semen is immediately released when i experienced sexual dreams. It can cause for low sperm count or low testosteron.
I want to reduce my body fat loose weight so kindly suggest some body gel or tablets as don't get enough time for workout.
Metabolism is the process of how the body converts what you eat and drink into energy. Even at rest, the body needs energy provided by calories to handle necessary functions like breathing and circulating blood. The number of calories that the body needs varies based on age, gender and body composition.
The best way to increase metabolism is to increase muscle mass through strength training. Muscle tissue burns more calories at rest than fat tissue, so by converting some fat to muscle or increasing the amount of muscle, overall metabolism increases to burn more calories throughout the day.
While dietary intervention to boost metabolism is not widely proven, there are some foods that may temporarily increase the amount of calories burned:
1. Green tea: Green tea has the best evidence that it may raise metabolic rate. Studies have shown that drinking several cups of green tea per day, which contains caffeine and catechins, can help the body use more energy. A specific antioxidant, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), has been contributed to a small rise in calorie burn.
2. Water: Your body needs water to process food and convert calories into usable energy. Therefore, dehydration leaves the body at a disadvantage and causes this process to slow down.
3. Capsaicin: This is a compound that gives spicy peppers their burning sensation, and can crank up your metabolism. Try spicier foods by adding some chili peppers to stir fry, sauce or soup.
4. Caffeine: This stimulant found in coffee and tea can increase the amount of calories your body burns, but most studies have proven this effect with very high intake (8-10 cups per day). For some people, caffeine can cause heartburn, high blood pressure, or sleep problems, so don't increase your caffeine intake if you experience these side effects.
5. Lean protein: Protein-rich foods increase satiety, which can prevent overeating. While protein foods won't specifically increase the body's metabolism, lean protein like chicken or eggs can help you feel fuller for longer.
6. Whole grains: Whole grains, like oats or barley, are high in fiber and take longer to digest, which means your metabolism works for longer to convert this food into usable energy.
Avoid crash diets or diets that are very low in calories. Eating too few calories (below 1,800/day for men or below 1,200/day for women) can cause the body to enter into starvation mode, where metabolism slows down to avoid burning through food too quickly, and you may even lose muscle mass. This makes weight loss very hard.
In the long run, adding these foods may help increase your body's resting metabolism. However, it will not provide a quick fix for losing weight. Increasing exercise will burn more calories than these foods; if your goal is weight loss, aim to eat healthy and increase exercise at the same time.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
I am heart attack patient with sugar level 380 fasting . I take insulin (insuman) 25 units daily at morning time. Please prefer me medicine (tablets).
I am 27 years old from last two weeks I have saviour stomach pain I have consulted to many physician but I am not felling relief whenever I take the medicine for a time being I feel relief but after some time I have pain in my stomach. So pls suggest me some medicine or tell me that what to do in this situation.
I Am a 32 year old ladies I am suffering from vaginal problem. Some liquid is come in vagina like water no smell but body pain.
I feel weakness and dizziness in my by body regularly. My periods stay for only 3 days, Bp remains low, after every intercourse with my partner I feel pain in legs and body ache for days. My body feels so tired I can't stand up and do my work effortlessly. Stress remains there.
I am 38 years, my height is 5.10, my weight is 92 mgs, I am non vegetarian, suggest easy methods of reducing weight without using any medicines.
Hi I am 20 years old. I brush my teeth daily and properly but still my mouth stinks a little. Although many times I changed my tooth paste. What should I do now? Is any test required?
Hi, I had completed 18 years, in front of my head about 1 cm of hairs was lost , so can you please tell me how can I regrown my hairs naturally with no side effects.
I am suffering from acne My skin is some what oily I tried some home remedies but no use Is it because of hormonal imbalance? Please prefer some medicine for me.
This is a common question asked by people suffering from pimples.
- For someone who is prone to pimples or who has just finished treatment it is important to use specific face washes as a preventive factor. A number of articles are written on the subject and several face washes and anti-acne bars are promoted by the media as well as the medical profession for treating acne/pimples.
- For a person who is under medication for pimples would use tablets, creams and gels to keep the skin dry and prevent pimples. So face washes containing drying agents like Salicylic acid or glycolic acid will be beneficial as it would support the treatment. Do not use face washes or soaps containing moisturising substances and glycerine as they would add more oil to the skin.
- After treatment of pimples is over from the doctor, it is better to continue using the drying face washes so that pimple causing bacteria do not accumulate on the skin.
- For people who would not want to spend much on costly facewashes for a long period, using any non-moisturising soap will also do. This is because the substances contained in soaps/bars/gels/face washes etc. remain in contact for not more than 15-20 seconds on the skin.