Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K H SrinivasYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 1 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I have a pain in my lower left chest. It pains sometime sometime before. But nowadays it pains a lot. I have taken x ray, ultrasound,ECG and echo the result was all normal, but even though I am suffering from this pain till now. Can you please tell me what to do?
Sir, my mother is suffering from heart problem and I heart my mother to many doctors but I found that her one bulb is blocked. What kind of treatment we do to unbloked the bulb?
I am 23 old and I have a strange feeling in my heart and not controlled. I always thought I hurt someone but I didn't. Why should I do?
I am 45 year old and have had angioplasty. What is the diet and exercise regimen which I should follow.
If I have blood pressure problem how can I get rid of it without leaving foods that I like what are precautions.
I am 55 years old woman I am having bp I am taking telma am last 1 year. But sometimes 178/100, 167, 76. What should I do.
I am getting swelling above my right knee. All the reports are normal. I have knee pain also. climbing the stairs aggravates my pain. have used pain killers, vit. D tablets on doctor's advise. On resting, swelling subsides. Pl advise.
My heart rate continuously coming between 90 to 100 from last one week as check with Samsung device. Is this normal or giving warning of bad health.
What should one do if she has high blood sugar accompanied with high blood pressure? Please tell me.
The blood normally exerts some pressure as it passes through the blood vessels. However, due to various reasons, mainly narrowing of the blood vessels, the pressure exerted could be higher, which is known as hypertension.
In the Unani system, early reference to high blood pressure appears as Imtila, though it is today popularly known as Zaghtuddam Qawi. Imtila talks about symptoms including a headache, bulging eyes, epistaxis (bleeding nose), heavy headedness, and headache.
Types: Unani system believes in two ways that can increase blood pressure and therefore two types
- Increased amount of blood in the vessels, which is caused a hot, moist temperament or the sanguineous type.
- Dryness of the vessels (caused by narrowing) increases blood pressure, leading to the dry, cold melancholic type.
Causes: Unani believes high blood pressure as a result of the following sequence of events.
- Weakening of the arteries
- Increased food consumption, which produces more blood
- Weak arteries which are not able to accommodate the increased amounts of blood
- This is a vicious cycle where the arteries are further damaged, leading to further sluggish flow, further increasing pressure.
Complications: High blood pressure is not an isolated health condition. It leads to multiple complications like
- Chronic heart disease
- Angina pectoris (heart attacks)
- Stroke and paralysis
- Higher levels of cholesterol
- Predisposition to diabetes
Management: Managing high blood pressure is a combination of treatment and prevention. There are multiple Unani herbs, which are used in multiple formulations which help by
- Relaxing the muscles of the heart
- Improves blood flow
- Eases the blood flow through the arteries
These can be taken regularly along with restrictions on diet and lifestyle which can help in improving blood pressure. These changes would include:
- Increased consumption of potassium-rich foods as it will counter the effect of sodium which causes higher blood pressure readings
- Avoid adding extra salt and reduce eating the salted, fried foods. Especially, if you have a family history, it is time to reduce salt intake at an early stage. This helps prolong the onset of high blood pressure
- Herbs like garlic, pepper, ginger, and lemon are helpful in controlling blood pressure
- Herbal teas including hibiscus and green tea are proven to help control blood pressure as opposed to a cup of coffee
- Dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent of cocoa is beneficial for the heart
- Needless to say, regular exercise including brisk walking which can improve heart’s health
- Deep breathing which improves oxygen consumption across arteries
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
- Quit or cut down on smoking
I have a desk job, weight 70, age 30 plus ,from last three months I am suffering from low bp. headache cholesterol is also raised for that I am taking jupiros 10, and I am also taking lactic acid bacillus and pro biotech tablet, for ibs problem can I take them along with jupiros 10.
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.