Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K GopalYour feedback matters!
I have skin allergy problem since last 2…3 months. Ring worm type sign appears on elbow and thigh, what should I do? Please suggest remedy.
I have severe pain in my brain since last 1 month. Due to which their is loss of vision. What can I do to avoid this?
Little or limited caffeine amount can definitely boost energy levels, but an excessive amount might lead to addiction, which is really quite a serious issue. This addiction cannot be kicked away with medications and rather you have to follow the natural ways. Practicing yoga asanas is one of the most improved solutions that can help you to get rid of acute or severe caffeine addiction and that too in a natural way without inviting any unhealthy side effects.
5 leading asanas that can help avoid caffeine addiction:
- Mayurasana: This asana is mainly well known as the Peacock pose. The pose is very much useful for maintaining digestive and circulatory functions. The hands should be clasped backside and you should bend your head towards your feet. Standing straight is needed and you have to take deep breaths at the time of holding back the concerned posture.
- Chakrasana: This is nothing, but a wheel pose which helps in system detoxification and toxin release. Your thyroid and pituitary glands will get naturally stimulated as a result of this pose. Extending arms overhead by keeping feet together you can perform this pose. You should bend backwards with your face down towards the floor, and you have to use your palms for support.
- Sarvangasana: This pose needs to be done by keeping your shoulders in support. Without using yoga mats, this pose cannot be performed comfortably. Parathyroid and thyroid glands are stimulated along with the normalization of different body functions. Relief from constipation and indigestion can be gained from this pose. Keeping your shoulders in support, the legs should be extended upwards at 90-degree angle. The shoulders should take your full body weight at the time of doing this asana.
- Halasana: This plough pose can help in reducing lethargy, fatigue and stress. Your nervous system can be calmed down, and you will feel completely relaxed. Energy channels of your body can be easily opened up by practicing this asana regularly. In this case, legs should be bended at your hips so that the legs can be flat over the ground. You should keep your hands beside your body.
- Nadi-sodhan Pranayama: if you have got accumulated stress, then nothing can be a better option other than doing this asana. Both body and mind get completely relaxed as a result of practicing this pose. In this case, breathing patterns or techniques can be corrected along with the balancing of the nadis. You have to get a proper guidance in order to perform it in a correct manner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My father is 56 years old. He have a problem of swollen painful legs. Sometimes on right leg sometimes on left. What is it and why is it happening please explain and advice to cure it.
While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications,can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):
1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).
My pregnancy result is positive. But I have white discharge and constipation. Is that normal or white discharge a sign to periods arrival?
Eating the right food at the right time is essential to in order to complete your fitness goal. While there exist many theories on the importance of workout meal, there are some simple rules which when followed can fetch great results. The right amount of nutrition pre and post workout can go a long way in ensuring that the body responds well to the stress.
Why is nutrient timing an important component of the exercise regime?
Consider your body as a machine, it is imperative that a well-maintained machine with the right fuel at the right time will have more longevity compared to others. The same holds true for the body as well. To maximize the output of the gym, it is necessary to consume the right nutrients for the body. A right meal just before the gym session can result in a great workout session. This, in turn, means an inch closer to the fitness goal. Similarly, the post workout meal ensures that muscles are adequately refueled and the blood sugar level is well maintained. Another advantage of the right pre and post workout meal is the fact that it helps the body to work out for a longer duration.
Know the carbohydrate
Instead of blindly choosing an energy drink, it makes sense to choose the right carbohydrate. There are 2 types of carbohydrate- simple and complex. Eventually, all carbohydrates are broken down into simple carbohydrates. Both have their own role to play. As per various studies, it has been proved that the best time to consume complex carbohydrate such as brown rice, oats and brown grains is before a couple of hours of the workout session. It ensures that the body is provided with a gradual supply of energy throughout the session. After a workout session, much of the glycogen gets depleted from the muscles. It is, therefore, essential to consume simple carbohydrate after a gym session. It readily supplies instant energy and carb to the muscles. Some good source of simple carbohydrate includes sugar, candy bar, sweet bread, fruits etc.
The next meal after workout
Post workout, the simple carbohydrate gets absorbed by the body way too fast. It is, therefore, necessary to have a good meal couple of hours after the workout session. Some good to consume food include green veggies, fruit salad etc. It helps in suppressing the appetite and make a person feel full.
What should be the protein count?
While there are many recommendations out there, a good way to determine the protein count is to consume 1.1 gm to 1.2 gm per kilogram of body weight. However, there is no magic number. 25-35 grams of protein needs to be consumed in every meal. Ideally, protein intake should happen a couple of hours before the workout and couple of hours after the workout session. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.