Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. GirishYour feedback matters!
I am 51 year old male from lat year september onwards I am suffering knee joint pain. I have difficulty in walking and great difficulty in getting out from a chair or bed. Pain will increase if I try to sleep. X-ray shows no damage or eroism. Blood report normal. No sugar doctors fail to give my disease a name or a 5percent helpful medicine. I am non alcoholic. Nobody in my family has similar problem. I got a strong fever about 1.5 year ago suddenly and treated within 7 days. In last 6 month I had about 1000 aloppothi ayurved home tablet. No improvement. Now skin becom dry like a glass n started itching. Latest blood report shqws esr is high n bb is low. Can you advice me about my next step what kind of treatment or doctor can help me
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.
I am 22 yrs women suffering from severe backache. Give me some suggestions to overcome this problem..
Hello, I have been diagnosed for facetogenic pain at L4-5 levels in the lower back and due to this I am taking Gabapin sr 600 and tizan 2 mg for the last 3 years or so. However the stiffness has not completely vanished and I find it difficult to stand or sit at one place for more that 10 minutes or so, since thereafter stiffness in Lowe back sets in. I also don't have ankylosing spondylitis. Can you please suggest some low side effect medicine which I can take for a very long period, since I think there is no remedy for this problem except surgery which I am not interested to go for. I also do daily back stretching exercise for some relief.
I am feeling sleepy all the time and tired. And pain in hand and leg I can't sleep properly at night please sugest me what happen? And its cure?
Hali sir I am 55 year old. I have serious joint pain and early stress so instruct me the remedies to control these things.
23 year old male with an obsession for fitness. I have an intense schedule of workout every day. Been experiencing knee joint pain and hair fall for a long time. I hear Becosules helps in curing the problems mentioned. Is it true? If so, what should be the dosage? Is there any other thing I should do?
I am 66 years old a diabetic for the past twenty years. I had undergone angioplasty 12 years back. Suddenly I had a lump on the upper portion of my stomach which was moving from left to right side with a back pain. Ultrasound was normal and cardiologist said it it is nothing to do with cardio. In February 2015 my diabetic medicine was changed to zeta meta 500 mg. When I started looking up for drug reaction on the net all my symptoms tallied with zeta meta. I stopped on my own this medicine and increased my insulin by 5 units. All the symptoms including my breathlessness, Heaviness on legs and the lump in my stomach vanishes within 15 days. My physician does not agree with me and he refused to see the print out given by me about the side effects of zeta meta. nowadays I walk 3 to 4 kms and do exercise without breathlessness. I will be happy to get an explanation from any of our eminent doctors.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.