Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K. Bhaskar PaiYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old and I take hydroxycut supplement for cutting my belly fat so I want to knw that can I take a coffee to while and according to you what can I do for my belly fats?
I want to loss my weight and want to know that are the harmful effects of obesity and want to know daily routine for a diet?
If a person has thyroid and has been gaining weight . Is there a medicine which is recommended that can be taken to reduce weight along with exercise.
Hello sir, I am 26 years old. My weight is 85. I want to lose my weight but even after lots of exercise and yoga my weight is still same. Please suggest me a way that I can decrease my weight.
How to get rid of stomach fat without excess loss of wait. What is the solution if my skin look like a shrink or old age type too.
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery through which excess fat is sucked out from different parts of the body. The process is carried out with the help of a cannula which is connected to a high pressure vacuum machine which facilitates the process. Liposuction is a permanent method to remove fat from the body. The operation is carried out under local or general anesthesia. Different techniques of liposuction involve:
- Tumescent Liposuction: A local anesthesia is used to numb the area where the tube is inserted. Next, the fatty tissues are injected with a large amount of anesthetic solution containing lidocaine-epinephrine.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction: This procedure is generally used in removing fat from upper abdomen, back, and sides.
- Laser- Assisted Liposuction: This procedure uses low-energy waves to liquefy the fat which is then removed through the cannula.
What to expect from the surgery?
Liposuction will remove fat permanently from the area where it is done. One can see the results in about 3 months time.
What are the benefits of liposuction?
- Improves Health: It is always good to reduce weight for healthy body and well-being. Weight loss is an effective way to reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer and heart disease. Though liposuction cannot excess fats, it helps to remove stubborn fat from the body.
- Improves Appearance: Liposuction helps in smoothing and contouring of the body which makes the individual look good and confident about his/her body.
- Cellulite Removal: Liposuction somewhat removes cellulite in both men and women, but it should be remembered that there is no permanent cure for cellulite.
Liposuction is a body shaping procedure, although weight is reduced but primarily it is not a weight reducing procedure. It is a surgical procedure with associated benefits and side effects.
It is recommended that you consult thoroughly with an experienced doctor before opting for such procedure.