Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.a.shivramaiahYour feedback matters!
You have to more careful about your baby's skin because:-
- Is about 20-30% thinner
- Has a greater tendency for dryness
- Is more prone to allergies and irritation
- Absorbs more moisture, but loses it faster
How to get rid of dark circles? how to get rid of the pimple marks left behind? and how to loose thigh fat and get them back in shape? and belly fat?
I got my ears pierced yesterday. I want them to heal quickly. Earlier also few years back I got them pierced but I got severe infection due to which I had to remove my earrings n my ear holes got closed. I have a very sensitive skin what should I do? What care should I take? How to heal them faster?
I had protected sex just after the day my periods got over and I did take a contraceptive pill but I am worried because since then I havnt got my periods again. Its been a month. A week before I had spotting for couple of days. Please suggest what to do.
Sir, I have some rashes on my face I have tried some creams suggested by doctor but they did not work I want to remove them wht should I do.
My lips are kind of blacken up! I never had smoked. Its just seem cz of my lip biting habit and sun exposure. What should I do I want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age. Acne or acne vulgaris occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne. These can usually be seen on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck of acne patients. Apart from these, painful lumps under the surface of the skin and red raised bumps can also be found on the skin of acne patients.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout.
Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Related Tip: "5 Myths and Facts About Acne?"
Can I apply axe oil directly on the chest n in nostrils as it is known to be eucalyptus oil. I'm asthmatic is it safe.
I drink 6-8 glass water a day, exercise daily but again there is a dark skin so how to whiten the skin. Also provide any good lotion, sunscreen or any other cream.
Hi I am suffering with breast pain. Small lumps are formed around nipple and liquid secretions are coming from nipple with pain. Sometimes it's severe and sometimes symptoms get decreased automatically without any treatment. But it's very painful. I have this problem from 4 years. Can you tell me what is this disease exactly. Any treatment is there for this. Is this common problem or serious problem? Please advice me on this.
Monsoon comes with a relief after those scorching hot summer days. You feel relieved and in this enjoyment, forget about your skin. Yes, this damp weather may let you feel easy but does your skin feel the same? The answer is perfect NO! There are a lot of problems that arise along with the monsoon.
The good news is that if you take some care, you will be able to enjoy the season along with keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
Here are certain tips for your skin care during monsoon:
Tips for skin care:
There are mainly three types of skin which are oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. Depending upon your skin you should follow a different regime, but discussed here are certain tips that will be useful for all skin types during monsoon.
- Wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. If you have dry skin, then do not overdo it as it may dry it up more. Use soap-free cleansers to keep your face clean and moist all the time.
- Use scrubbers at regular intervals as it helps in exfoliating your skin and unclogging the pores. Even one's with oily skin will also find it useful.
- After cleansing and scrubbing use alcohol free toner so that the open pores that are caused by high humidity are closed. Too many open pores are not good for oily or combination skin.
- It's a habit of most individuals to stop the use of a sunscreen as it starts showering. Do not do that, keep using it even when the climate cools down and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Avoid using heavy makeup during the monsoon. Even if you have to apply some, go for waterproof makeup.
- For keeping your skin hydrated and brightening it, you can use lotion based serum that will help to keep your face moist.
- Avoid bleaching in monsoon as it is more harmful to your skin during this season.
- Take care of your lips by applying some milk cream on it. If you find them slightly cracked you can apply coconut oil. Try to avoid deep colored lipsticks. Go for natural shades during monsoons.
- Keep your skin clean and for that do pedicure and manicure regularly. It is always recommended more during the monsoons.
- After reaching home wash your feet, hands and face properly. During the monsoon, there are more germs everywhere so it is necessary that keep them clean.
- Drink as much water as you can to be hydrated.
Follow these tips as these will keep your skin glowing even during this dull season. However, if you still feel odd, it's better to get expert advice on skin care during the monsoon.