Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.a. Narayana
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K.a. NarayanaYour feedback matters!
I used to travel in bus daily about 50 kms and I am getting back pain severely so kindly give some suggestion. Thanks.
Left shoulder has frozen after a hit by running bus about 5 months back. Dr. Had prescribed kinetozyme & some others. But again got checked. Dr. Prescribed zencast tx 1/2 bd& coolpix dsr alongwith calcium &painkiller tabs. He has told for physiotherapy & exercises. Please suggest what type of physiotherapy &exercises will be more effective.
I am 30 year old male. Height 6.2 ft Weight 120 kgs. Have unhealthy lifestyle. Since last 30-40 days, I get pain in lower back after 4-6 hours of sleep. I get up and go to loo to freshen up and then it gets fine in sometime. Due to which I am not having sound sleep. Earlier I used to sleep for 9 hours. Due to the above problem I have started sleeping in the afternoon for an hour or two. It only pains after sleeping 5-6 hours and then get uncomfortable changing sides for few hours. One week back, Physician told me that it is mainly due to overweight and high diastolic blood pressure 126/94 on one hand and 128/96 on other hand. He asked to loose weight and have low salt diet. Kindly verify the issue.
Between l1 to l5 discks are touching nerves due to degenerating changes in vertibre bones suggest remedy ?
I am 25 year old and have cervical problem from past 1 year. Till now no permanent solution found. Please help.
Also known as Median Nerve Compression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is characterized by a sensation of tingling and numbness in the hands or the arm caused due to a strained nerve of the wrist. This condition occurs due to stress which affects the functioning of the part of median nerve, situated along the wrist.
Various Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
Constant movement of the hands in activities such as typing on the computer
Various Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The symptoms of this syndrome start to show up when there is excessive pressure build up in the median nerve of the wrist. You may experience-
- A sensation of numbness
- A sensation akin to the pain experienced when needles are inserted into the skin
- Pain (mostly at night)
The build- up of pressure can occur due to a number of reasons. They are
- Painful injury
- Tenosynovitis (a condition that affects the tendons along the sides of the thumb)
- The compression of the nerve may develop anywhere, and not necessarily the wrist only.
Diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
Doctors base their diagnosis of the condition on the symptoms and certain tests. These include-
- Phalen’s test (a test that is carried out to determine any pain or numbness in the fingers within one minute of this activity)
- Wrist flexion/median nerve compression test
- Tinel’s test (a test that is used to diagnose irritated nerves)
- Few nerve enlargements may be revealed by an ultrasound, X-Ray, MRI scan, CT scans etc. The doctor generally recommends any of the above tests to determine carpal tunnel syndrome.
Important measures that help treat the condition are
- Getting ample rest
- Educating yourself on the various symptoms
- Knowing certain activities or movements that trigger symptoms
- Attending physiotherapy sessions
- Physiotherapy as an important form of treatment for Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Extensibility of muscle as well as soft tissue
- Strengthening the forearms and the ability to grip things and pinch too
- Maintaining posture and performing hand agility exercises can improve the hand movement
- Mobilization of the Carpal bone and stretching of the flexor retinaculum (a fibrous band near one’s wrist) so as to widen the carpal tunnel
- Gliding training for nerves/ tendons for unrestricted motion
- Endurance training for strengthening the upper limb as well as the wrist
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!