Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K A GuruprasadYour feedback matters!
Sir my right ear is blocked internally. Ear drum is ok. No problem in hearing. Not any pain. Not any fluid leakage from ear. And was under treatment of ent doctor for last two months. I am doing exercise daily by blocking nose and filled air in cheeks. I had also taken several type of anti allergic medicines prescribed by ent but no relief. Please guide me.
I am hearing aid user sometimes to hearing se bii proper hearing naii aa pate aurr mujhe hearing aid not give original hearing I am tensed im just 28 years old iic hearing aid user please guide.
I have an ACL reconstruction on my right knee last 4 months ago . I have some pain when I hold my total weight on right leg . And when I'm doing squats I hear some sounds inner side So please help me about this issue I'm really scared of this.
Hi i Am 57 years old. Slowly becoming deaf, please let know reasons for that and what is remedy for the same.
I am suffering from hearing loss from my right ear. Hearing gradually reduced over a period of ten years. Presently my age is 55 years and my left ear was undergone surgery for the same problem in the year : 1982 (33 years ago). Surgery success and hearing developed a lot. But subsequently, my left ear was also reduced the hearing. Presently, using hearing aid for left ear. Right ear is totally hearing loss now. Please suggest me - whether I can undergo any surgery for my right ear.
My father 50years, is facing the hearing issues. We have to speak multiple times or loudly at tyms when calling from a distance. As per the doctors here, ear machines is the only cure. I wanted to know if there is any alternative? Time no bar. We can spend time in yoga, physio but not looking up for hearing aid.
I have profound hearing loss and wear hearing aid in both ears. With Hearing aid I lead a normal live, work in mnc in sales engineer and also drive car. Is there any medicine or surgery or exercise to improve hearing?
Hi, I am 24 years old guy and I am suffering from chickenpox and stomachache from last 2 days. I want to know time required to recover from this disease. I will be glad to hear tips to improve my condition so That I can live a normal life. Thanks.
I am ameen Uddin. I am 20 years old I am suffering from backpain since last 3 months. I have so much problems due to it. I hear about you so I am messaging you So please tell me that what can I do now.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.