Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K A GuruprasadYour feedback matters!
Sir ; good morning here I want to ask a question that my daughter is 98% deaf and dum so I want to know whether we have. Treatment for that so that she can hear and talk.
For what purpose MONIT GTN -2.6 tablets ARE USED FOR? RECENTLY MY FATHER GOT FELT PRESSURE ON HEART FOR SOME TIME AFTER THAT HE FELT NORMAL. DOCTOR AFTER HEARING OUR PROBLEM HE GAVE THIS TABLET IN PRESCRIPTION.
I am 40 yrs old male suffering from loss of hearing (hearing loss due to crackers noise from oct' 2014) question is which type of medication or medicines I should use?
What could be causing pain in left side of head and ringing in left ear? What should I do? please help me as soon as possible. I can not hear anything. Now what can I do?
Actually mere sister ka beta abhi 2 saal ka hai lag bhag. Or wo normal huya tha. But kuch time baad usko minor brain hemorrhage hogya tha. Or kafi time machine me reha. Abhi vo waise to thik hai but Dr. Kehte hai ki uske ek ear me problem hai or vo kam sunnta ho or uska operation bataya hai 6 lakh tak kharcha or bola hai ki koi chip hai Jo iske ear me dali jayegi or iske mind ki nase week hai or wo apne pairo par bhi kharda nahi hota thik se. Means vo dekhne mein abnormal lagta hai but vo normal hai. Kya iska koi ilaaz hai kyonki itna paisa nahi hai ki operation kar de so please kuch bataye taki vo baby thik ho jaye please help
Usher syndrome is a genetic disorder that is characterized by complications in vision and hearing; the most common of them being partial/complete loss of hearing and retinitis pigmentosa. Retinitis pigmentosa is characterized by progressive deterioration of the retina, resulting in deprivation of peripheral vision and subsequent night blindness.
The symptoms and its rate of progression usually vary among people. Usher syndrome is classified into three types:
- Type 1: In this type, children are born with balance issues and hearing loss problems. The symptoms of night blindness and loss of peripheral vision associated with ‘Retinitis Pigmentosa’ only appear in the early stages of adolescence.
- Type 2: In type 2, children are born with moderate to mild hearing loss problems. Retinitis Pigmentosa develops soon after the child reaches adolescence.
- Type 3: In type 3 Usher Syndrome, children are usually born with normal hearing skills, however, loss of hearing and Retinitis pigmentosa occur soon after puberty.
Hearing loss in Usher syndrome occurs when the nerve cells that are present in the cochlear (inner ear’s spiral cavity) are affected by genetic mutation. A similar problem occurs in the cells of the retina leading to loss of vision. These cells allow conversion of light into electrical signals for the brain to interpret them. Both the parents need to pass the mutated gene to the child for it to be affected. If the child has only one gene, then he/she rarely develops the symptoms.
This disorder does not have any prescribed course of treatments. The vision loss that occurs in this disorder can be slowed down by nutritional therapy. This therapy involves providing the body with essential amounts of vitamin A which can help in reducing vision loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am ameen Uddin. I am 20 years old I am suffering from backpain since last 3 months. I have so much problems due to it. I hear about you so I am messaging you So please tell me that what can I do now.
Sir, I can not listen properly my hearing power is very low I cannot listen from short distance please help me tell me some clue so that I can resolve this.
I have been diagnosed with moderate conductive hearing loss. The doctor has advised that I need a procedure - to be exact, stapedectomy. My hearing loss started after my pregnancy and I understand that it may be due to my genetics as well. My question is, how safe is this procedure and will my normal life change afterwards? I am a health freak and I love gymming, aerobics and constantly move around. Will my life change?
Mera right ear se last 2 years se kam sunayi deta tha my right ear audiogram was 55-60 decibel tha then I consult a doctor and he told me that tumhare ear ki haddi gal gy h operation krna pdega your last 3 june 2015 ko mara right ear ka operation hua after operation doctor told me that apki ear ki haddi gali nahi thi but haddi jam thi and now last 8 months symary left ear may bi sssssss ki awaz hoti h aur kan ke party pr kbi kbi bheep bheep ki awaz hoti h our left ear sy kam bi sunai deta h aur teeth apas may bhichny par left ear ky party pr chit chit ki awaj hoti h. I consult my doctor and now he suggest me operation for my left year too. Please help me suggest me that after operation mujhe koi dikkat to ni hogi.
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
If we identified the hearing loss early, child can start rehabilitation early and they can grow like normal kid. They can go to normal school.
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
My right ear suddenly stopped hearing, it sounds like falling water inside the ear. What should I do?
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.