Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti S. ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. There is problem in my eye. When I read anything, my eyes get some tears. This problem is only in summer. People says that this problem is in sunlight. But when I am in room then my eyes get tears. My study is disturbing. My exam is just coming and I am not ready for this exam because this problem. I want to be a big man but my dream is broking. After sometimes I get a spectacles from eye's home and some medicine. I. E. Eye drops, etc. But my problem is there. So much money spent my parents. Also My some friends has this problem. So you could help me, then give me solution of my problem. Don't suggest a spectacles.
My right eye vision is not clear n sharpness is not coming during seeing any object. What I suppose to do. Tennis ball hit that eye 15 days back and some drops help me to reduce redness but vision is not perfect yet. What to do?
Sir . I have one operated eye which have very poor vision and the other one have power 0.5D which is good. How can I improve my poor eye vision in regular habits.
What is the meaning of fribosis? I have read articles and site online but I can't understand in easy way and proper what it is! Please mail me and explain in easy language hindi preferable. I am waiting sir / mem.
My father is suffering fro leg pain he can't walk so far and also my father eyes also he can't see properly the white layer had came in black boll in eyes can you please say wats the solution.
I am 27 year old male and I feel tired, lazy, red eyes and not concentrate on my work. What should i do?
My eyesight is weak I've been wearing spectacles for more than 13 years And they are not improving My eyesight is +2.5 I don't use computer But I use my phone most of the time I don't eat green vegetables nor I take pulses or paneer in my diet Can you suggest me something that can improve my eyesight? And can you tell me how much time my eyesight will take to become normal Thanks.
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!