Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have a red color pimples on my whole back shoulder for more than three years. I went to check with one skin specialist, he said it's a pimple for high cholesterol in your body. But I am not fat and at the same time I reduced to intake of oil foods very low. But the issue is not clear, its getting increase only. Please advice me what will I do for this problem.
I am so worried about my hairs.. I am having dandruff since 1 year. I used regularly plenty of head and shoulder shampoo still I am not getting rid of my dandruff issue. please help me.
I am suffering from baldness as my hairs got thinner day by day now I am looking like a old man. Please help me.
Vitiligo or White patches is medically referred as Leucoderma. It is a disease that causes loss of skin colour resulting in white patches. It can affect the skin on any part of the human body. It occurs when the melanin-forming cells called melanocytes which produce melanin die or stop functioning. The condition is not life threatening or contagious, but it is stressful and makes one feel bad about oneself.
The main sign of vitiligo is loss of skin pigment which produces light or white patches on skin. The discoloration is first visible on sun exposed areas like the hands, feet, arms, face and lips. It can also be coupled with premature greying of hair below the age of mid-thirties, colour loss of retina and inner lining of the mouth.
Vitiligo has no cure, but homeopathic treatment help to stop or slow the process of colour loss and brings back some colour to skin. The failure of melanocytes can be attributed to disorder in which immune system attacks and destroys them. It can also be triggered by sunburn, stress or exposure to industrial chemicals. People with vitiligo are at risk of Social or psychological distress, loss of hearing, sunburn and skin cancer, inflammation of the iris and dry skin.
Homoeopathic treatment enhances the natural production of pigments and Vitiligo is considered as a manifestation of an inner disturbed state of the body. The patient is analysed on mental, physical and familial attributes. The medication is then based the results. Arsenic Sulph Falvus, Arsenic Album, Baryta Mur and Baryta Carb are known to give good results in Vitiligo. Vitiligo is a chronic disorder and it takes a long time even with the best of the homoeopathic treatment.
- Calcarea Carb is prescribed to patients of Vitiligo with milky white spots on skin. It is prescribed to free perspiration over the head, neck and chest and persons with intolerance to cold weather.
- Arsenic Album is useful remedy for vitiligo in persons prone to dry, rough skin. The skin complaint coupled with asthma is a strong contender for using homeopathic medicine Arsenic Album.
- Sepia is prescribed for vitiligo in persons showing unresponsive attitude towards family and life
- Silicea is prescribed for vitiligo in patients with pale and waxy skin, tendency to excessive perspiration. If the main mind symptom are timidity and an under-confident nature, then Silicea is a good choice. It is known to work on patients who seem under-confident, fear public speaking.
- Sulphur is considered the best for vitiligo treatment as it goes deep inside the basic root cause to exterminate the disease. The persons requiring homeopathic medicine Sulphur show a mind constantly occupied with various theories and plans due to which they suffer from mental fatigue and absent mindedness.
Does having haldi (turmeric) milk cause pimples? How many times in a day should we consume haldi milk?
Suffering from heavy hair loss. Please. Suggest me about some home remedy to cure it or minimize the problem.
Last 4 year I have pimples and dark spot on my face what is the solution for it? Any Natural Solution on it.
My baby age 3 yr. He has inches (khujli) on whole body when change in weather and cold season. Doctor say it is eczema. Pl give me best remedy.
Hii. Can anyone help me to reverse tanning due to swimming .My complexion was fair but due to swimming its getting dark. Please tell.
Hairfall and dryness since 3 months. Have been trying several hait oils nothing really works. Please suggest something.
I have hair loss problem and I take care of it so well butdont know why I can not stop my hair from falling.
There are lots of acne and black heads on my face, chest and private parts too, I use doxy and montelukast tablets but nothing happened, please give me some solutions.
I Used Melacare Plus Cream For Skin Brightening But After Few Days Of Use I Had Red colored Pimples On My Face, So I Stopped Its Use Can Any One Please Suggest Me What Should I Use Now Instead Of Melacare Plus. Can I Use Dermofade Cream Or Pinkquin Cream Or Any Other For Skin Brightening.
Hello sir I am a 22 year old boy. I have an oily skin results to acne problem. Please let me know how can I get rid of it. Please sir also recommend me which face wash will I use.
Hi Sir, I am 25years old male and suffering skin disease (ringworm) last 5months, taken a lot of tablets but no action please suggest the how to gone skin disease.
Cracked heels are mainly caused when less attention is paid to foot care along with overexposure to harsh surfaces. In medical terms cracked heels are referred to as heel fissures. Usually it is not a painful condition; however, if care is not taken and the cracks deepen then it may cause immense pain and infection. Cracks may appear on any part of the body due to lack of moisture but they are more common on the heels of the feet. Walking, running, climbing … any physical activity requires the use of feet and the constant use makes it prone to cracks. But these cracks can be easily avoided with daily care and they are truly avoidable if you do some home remedies for cracked heels.
If dry cracks start appearing around your heels then you may also be facing a deficiency of zinc or omega 3 fatty acids.
Cracked heels does not pose any major health concern, however, you must attend to them at the earliest by following some home remedies for cracked heels. Delay in treating the cracks may cause them to deepen and may cause bleeding. Deep cracks may also be prone to infection.
Cracked heels are more common in people who are constantly moving on rough surfaces barefoot. Older people may suffer from cracked heels more often as the sebum production in the body is reduced with age. A cracked heel is a recurrent condition and needs little attention on daily basis by practicing some home remedies for cracked heels.
The main causes of cracked heels:
1. Dry skin: Some people have dry skin as compared to others. People with dry skin are more susceptible to suffering from cracked heels.
2. Physical activity: Continuous standing for long hours or working on rough hard surfaces leads to cracks in the feet.
3. Overweight: More pressure is exerted on the pad below the heels for those who are overweight. This pressure causes the pad to push sideways and if the skin is dry then this pressure causes cracks around the feet.
4. Uncomfortable sandals: certain shoes and sandals cause the body to exert more pressure on the heels causing it to push sideways and lead to cracks.
5. Other diseases: certain diseases may reduce the natural healing ability of the body to treat cracks in the heels. Some of these diseases are athlete’s foot, eczema, diabetes, excessive dry skin, psoriasis as well as thyroid.
6. Overexposure to water: hard water reduces the natural oil production of the skin by making it more dry and rough. Prolonged exposure to hard water can cause dryness and heels to cracks.
Simple everyday home remedies for cracked heels:
1. Keep your feet clean and free from dirt as much as possible.
2. Relax your feet by alternating between hot and cold water bath.
3. Keep your feet moisturized
4. Exfoliate your feet as much as possible.
5. Avoid doing any physical activity barefoot. Wear a pair of socks as often as possible.
6. Avoid spending long time in damp area barefoot. While doing household chores like washing clothes or mopping make sure your feet are dry. One of the home remedies for cracked heels is to try and avoid the soapy water from coming in contact with your feet. Detergents are used as cleaning agents as they can break down oil, if it comes in contact with your feet then it will only worsen the cracks by increasing dryness.
7. After taking your bath apply a nice moisturizer around your heels.
In the coming post we shall discuss some very easy home cures to treat cracked heels.