Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. JyotiYour feedback matters!
I am 22 male I masturbate daily now I want to leave this but now due to over masturbation my body loses so many of energy thats I feel very tired all the time my eye also blurred some time I have leg pain testicular pain and my penis also shrinked in very nervous what should I do I want to over come from this as fast as possible please help me out I will very great full to you.
Hi my dad have a eye problem, so he uses his eye drop daily, but today by default my mom got confused and she put some drops of clenorush which is used for oral thrush which includes 1 choline salicylate 2. Tannic acid 3 clotrimazole 4 cetrimide Glycerin. So his eye is paining very badly. I just need to know is it gonna cause big problem later? Please advice.
Hi I'm a male I have lines and dark circles near my eyes like my eyes looks big and swollen type please tel me wat to do how to makes it feel or look normal and clear please tel me plz.
For the beneficial of the eyes what to eat I have specs and I want to reduce my number to normal. I want to improve my vision. So what should I do.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision
Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle
Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes
Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
3. Allergic reactions
Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
Sir from 2012 I am using spectacles. My eye sight is becoming less day by day. I doubt know why? I have seen many doctors they suggest me spectacles which I am using. Can you please suggest me anything for increasing my eye sight?
My distinct eye sight is week so I use spectacles. But. When I remove my specs. Nd stretch my both eyes muscles with hand I regain my vision power while stretching my eye muscle. I am confused. What is this. Can I regain my eye vision. Completely aftr proper care.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.