Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti JainYour feedback matters!
Bachpan me mere sir par ek chot lag gayi thi. Us samay to itna farak nahi pada par ab meri us chot mein kaafi dard hota hsi aur meri memory bhi kamjor ho gayi hai.
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Peripheral neuropathy, the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, and hands.
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- diarrhea or constipation
- dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am having more weight even my daily diet is not good even many days I didn't took lunch or dinner.
I am getting little wheezing sound in nose and I feel air is not flowing freely in nose .plz suggest me to overcome this problem.
I am a boy of 16year old and I have a headache since last 1week and I can't see clearly from my eye. Please help me.
My husband has high blood pressure which gives him severe headache sometimes. Doctor has prescribed him medicines also but he is quite reluctant to take it. I failed to convince him. Is really there are some adverse effect. Please suggest.
My father was suffering from fever so we had a common checkup but doctor said to have a test called hydronephrosis, after that he declared it and said to have a treatment for two days. So my intention it to know what treatment should have and will there any further problems in future. I wanted to know complete details about it. Please provide that information as soon as possible.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.